“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in New Buffalo
Hamburg Twp, MI
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have been to this hotel several times and love it! The rooms are comfortable, staff is very friendly and I love the rooftop deck. The Bentwood was excellent as is Joe (coffee shop). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to New Boston.

Room Tip: Love the one bedroom suites!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
chadds ford pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pleasantly surprised to find such a nice marina resort in a small lake side town. Accommodations very comfortable. Bedding and appointments great. Bathroom huge. Nice view over the marina basin - L shaped hotel encompassing an entire marina.Local yacht club is next door. Front desk friendly, informative. Restaurant on premisis Marina Grand - very good and busy with nice bistro type meals available. Breakfast Oatmeal from the little lobby "market" was actually steel cut and served in a large cup - which was bit unwieldy, but quite good once able to get fruit and milk in it.
Would stay here again for location. Rainy weather dampened the festival events planned locally.

Room Tip: ask 2nd or 3rd floor - marina viwe
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
New Lenox, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Family spent a weekend there recently and unfortunately was in a room next to loud neighbors using language unfit for my five-year-old daughter's ears. After a mild complaint to the front desk, we received a phone call ten minutes later saying we were being upgraded to another room. We didn't even ask for a new room, but staff did it regardless. Very considerate. Hotel was very clean, rooms large, great view of the water,and entire staff was great. Only complaint is the parking is not the greatest.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Crete, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I recently stayed at The Marina Grand and I am so glad that I did. New Buffalo is a small gem of a town and I was very pleased with my stay at their best hotel, imo. The rooms are very nice, staff is friendly, close to beach and shops. I did a lot of research before I booked my stay and I chose this place over the Harbor Grand b/c I felt it would better suite my needs. Harbor Grand looks lovely, but is WAY smaller than the Marina Grand. I recommend this place for families or couples who like a bit more space. It is pricey I paid 251 per night for Sun-Tuesday. I heard the price can get as expensive at 400/night on the weekends. I'm not sure if I would pay that amount but it was a great value for what I paid. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go for a suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful "condo" suite. Upscale linens and decor, close to sandy beaches with peaceful balcony view of the marina. There were two nice pools (indoor and outdoor) as well as small but fun game room. Fully equipped kitchen which worked well for us as we cooked all of our meals. We had adequate space, dishes and sleeping space, for 5 adults and 3 children plus baby. Our only complaint was the malfunctioning air conditioning which they couldn't seem to fix. 88degrees in the room not acceptable on a hot weekend.!
This is a huge hotels complex so if you're looking for something cozy this isn't for you. Service was excellent and mgmt responded quickly when we needed something( high chair, extra table chair, etc) just couldn't seem to get the AC under control.

• Stayed July 2012
Indy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and were very impressed overall with the hotel. Our room was on the first floor at the end of the hall. We had a great marina view and good interactions with all of the hotel's staff. When we first arrived we couldn't find a luggage cart so we dropped some things off in our room and in 2 minutes the front desk had a cart for us.

The reason we went for a suite instead of a standard room was the need for a kitchen (we have an infant, so washing bottles and pupm accessories is a must). It was a little more but SO worth it. The kitchen was very useful and looked great. Full size appliances, bakeware, cookware, potholders, dishtowels, utensils of all sorts and plenty of dishes, mugs, glasses, etc. Since our schedule revolved around our baby, it made eating leftovers and early morning tea much easier. As a plus, the housekeeping staff took away dirty dishes and replaced them, so minimal cleanup (though I didn't realize until after doing dishes the first day).

An easy 12-15 minute walk (while hauling kid-gear) to the beach. Free tea and coffee in the cafe and lots of delish goodies too (the carmel corn is pricey but so addictive). Wi-fi worked great, furniture was very clean as was the rest of the room. Fantastic food in the restaurant and very knowledgeable and friendly staff. Highly recommend splurging on the desserts (chocolate stout cake was fab).

We can't wait to return next summer. One item to note about some businesses in New Buff-some are cash-only...oddly enough the hot dog/ice cream stand at the beach DOES take cards!

The only negative comments for the hotel:
Bathtub was small-good size for children, but shower was wonderful!
Trash cans in bath and kitchen only and they were very tiny.
No recycling bins (none that we could find, anyway).
Our room was on the other side of the hotel's restaurant patio. Not too much noise late at night but a decent amount around our little one's early bedtime.
Some foot traffic noise above us, but that is common with ground floor rooms.
Sheets/bedding was very nice but oddly noisy--very crisp (must be new!)

Room Tip: Suites provide a great deal of space and amenities. Request a room on top (3rd) floor to avoid over...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed my recent stay at the Marina Grand Hotel. I didn't even know it existed when I called its sister property, the Harbor Grand Hotel, where I stayed on two previous occasions. I paid a very reasonable rate for a beautiful room with a fantastic view of the marina. My only complaint is that there were a number of young children staying here, and when they ran down the hallways, they sounded like a herd of buffalo, but I don't know what the hotel staff can do about something like that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Marina Grand Resort? Share your experiences!