“Best Chef in New Buffalo” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bentwood Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Berrien
Description: Chef Jenny Drilon's sophisticated spin on pub fare, responsibly sourced and beautifully prepared. A warm, friendly gathering place featuring eight Michigan craft beers on tap and a curated wine list. Waterfront dining with outdoor seating available whenever weather allows. Lunch and dinner daily, with brunch from 9am on weekends. Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Best Chef in New Buffalo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I lived in New Buffalo for 15 years and return now and then. This is still the best restaurant in town. The Executive Chef, Jenny, is terrific and makes very good meals, from thin crust pizza, to Chilean Sea Bass, which is her Signiture dish. There's something for everyone here, great service and reasonable but Chicago type prices. If you want an up scale night, this is the spot. You can eat on the terrace overlooking a marina on a nice night too. Nice for couples, family and romance outside.
Lunch overlooking the marina is very nice.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Noblesville, Indiana
“One of best steaks ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We love this restaurant! My wife had turf and surf and I had a filet mignon. I'm pretty sure that they hand select their cuts of meat and they cooked it to perfection. My side of potatoes was special. Service was excellent. We will always eat at this restaurant when we are in this area.

Visited August 2014
McHenry, Illinois
“Nice and Efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were here with a party of 10 and had a reservation. We know we would be split into 2 groups of 5. We sat inside, as there was a long wait for outside. Our waitress was really efficient and accommodating, as was the server at the other table of 5. There is a nice variety of food to choose from. If you can, book far in advance to sit outside, as it is on the water. We had a nice dinner, and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food and drink”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

The restaurant has a good menu selection, okay bar area, and a really nice deck for dining. They offer decent specials so odering off that menu is a good idea.
I had the ribs and they were super. During the summer the place stays busy so be prepared to wait just a bit.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Food, Great Service (Even with a party of 7)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Last Saturday, I was 1 in a party of 7 at the Bentwood Tavern not an easy task to serve but our waitress did great. We all ordered drinks/cocktails, wine, appetizers, entree's, and desserts. ALL were delicious and I thought very reasonably priced for the ingredients and serving size prepared. I am not sure what the other reviewers ordered but we only experienced delicious, fresh, ingredients at a fair price. For example, the Tuna fish ceviche (not a cheap ingredient) was amazing, fresh, and healthy at what I think is a reasonable price for a fresh fish ceviche with avocado and loads of great tuna. We were served large nicely presented, fresh pieces of tuna in the ceviche. Another example is the tuna tacos. Again, delicious and healthy. I am not a meat eater, so I can only recommend the fish dishes but the Chilean Sea Bass was again, delicious, (still hot when it arrived, very important) well prepared, well cooked, and nicely presented. Chilean Sea Bass is usually my "Go To" fish and this dish did not disappoint. I like to eat healthy, enjoy every bite, and breath in the atmosphere of a nice restaurant and that is exactly what we all (collectively) enjoyed. Lastly, the wine list offered many great wines with a nice range of prices so you did not feel forced to buy a very expensive wine. This is the only restaurant that I was able to try while I was in New Buffalo but I will say this beautiful little town is very lucky to have a great restaurant with a very passionate chef behind the "Helm."

• Visited August 2014