“Update to my earlier review about taking the train” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in New Buffalo
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Owner description: Book a hotel room at Four Winds and escape the everyday with all the hotel amenities you expect to find at a luxury resort. Four Winds hotel in New Buffalo, Michigan, offers 415 luxury rooms, suites and celebrity suites all with our impeccable guest service and all the special touches. Expect the very best in elegant decor and accommodations, exciting cuisine, lively entertainment and nightlife from the finest hotel in New Buffalo.
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Update to my earlier review about taking the train”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I just wanted to add an update about my earlier post. I was contacted by the VP of Hotel Operations regarding my experience. She was very apologetic about my experience. She had pulled the call I made to the hotel for review and training purposes. She even offered an nice incentive for me to return to the casino and hotel. I am really glad because until this experience, Four Winds in New Buffalo has also been my favorite casino, even though I live in Kalamazoo and have 3 casinos that are much closer to me. (I won't be taking the train though!)

Visited February 2013
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hi Tracy,

We're glad we were able to discuss this with you. Thank you for the opportunity to speak with you about this and for sharing an updated review!

Knob Noster, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
“Smokey and Crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

It was very smokey in this casino and took a long time to get a drink. Although there is a large casino floor, it was so crowded, it was hard to find two chairs together at the slots. When we did get to play, we thought the slots were very tight.

Visited March 2013
Michigan
“A gem...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Four Winds is set off the main road by a long, winding drive that makes you feel like you're going into the woods. Lovely setting. Valet parking is handy and prompt and when you walk in, there is a pleasant scent. You smell some cig smoke when you hit the gaming floor but it's not bad. So many machines and tables, several shops and restaurants....something for everyone. The buffet is so delicious...tons of fresh, hot choices and the desserts are to die for. Homemade gelato will make you smile. Being a local, I have not stayed in the hotel rooms but hear they are nice. I feel the bar scene is better at Blue Chip because of Vegas Baby but with the Hard Rock and event center at Four Winds they are heading in the right direction. For a fun night out you can't go wrong.

Visited December 2012
57 attraction reviews
“Native American Cash Macine, But The Better of Your Options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As Michigan casinos go, Four Winds is as good as any, if not better because of its Hard Rock Cafe and concert venue. I personally like Little River better, but that's because its usually part of a golf trip. As far as the smoke goes, many people dont realize that casinos on tribal lands are not required to abide by Michigan's non smoking law. The air handlers are not nearly as effective as those in Vegas, so it is a smokey place. My guess, however, is that if you walk out of there with winnings (and good luck with that), you'll probably overlook the smoke.

Visited January 2013
Defiance, Ohio, United States
“Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just left four winds. Can not say enough how great the hotel is. Employees very friendly and helpful. BUT THE CASINO very smoky there two days never heard anyone win big and staff was rude. would not recommend!

Visited February 2013
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello Romla,

We would like to discuss your experience with us. Could you email your contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com?

Missy Stanisz,