“I thought it would be better. ..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“I thought it would be better. ..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

The Four Winds has a lot of variety, which would be great if it all tasted good. A lot of the food was mediocre or just bad. The cocktail shrimp was bland and rubbery. The tamles where over salted and batter the was thick. It wasn't pleasant to eat. The fudge didn't have any chocolate flavor, it was just sugary. It took me a long time to find food that I enjoyed. The mac and cheese was the best thing followed by the asian food. You will get a lot of food. Quality food it's a hit or miss.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Streamwood, Illinois
“5 Stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The best casino buffet around. Huge selections, Mexician, American, Oriental, Breakfast items, Galeto, Pasta Station,salad buffet,desserts galore. Lunch ws $16.00 and you can use players points to offset this amount. A value for what you get. All fresh and yummy!

Homewood, Illinois
“The Best Buffet of My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I will drive the hour and 15 minutes to get back to this buffet. I love the international theme-Mediterranean, Italian, Asian, American-Southern, Indian, Mexican. The desert area is fantastic, including hand-packed ice cream instead of soft serve machines. We don't think $20 is a lot for a good buffet and this is a great buffet. I can't wait to try the brunch.

Visited August 2013
“The Best Meal of our Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best prime rib I have ever tasted. All selections were good and fresh. vegetables, pasta, deserts were all excellent. Service was very nice. I would go back to the casino just for the buffet. Twenty-six dollars for this meal was also the best value of our vacation.

Belleville, Michigan
“Excellent Buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I ate here both nights of our stay at the hotel. The selection is enormous we were here Tuesday and Wednesday which were international nights. They had food from several different countries a huge salad bar and the dessert bar was a diabetics (me) dream they had at least 15 different sugar free desserts including pies, cakes, cheesecakes and more. The service was excellent as there are servers to get your drinks or help you with anything you need that you did not see. Our server Linda we were lucky enough to get both nights and by the second night we were old friends. The manager Troy does an excellent job keeping the place running and I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013