“Better service at the Buffet!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 39 restaurants in New Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The only Hard Rock Cafe in Southwest Michigan is now open! The 12,000 sq. ft. Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds is located adjacent the gaming floor and spans two levels with seating for 275 and a performance stage. The new Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds has a unique, high energy atmosphere and features rock n’ roll memorabilia from its unmatched collection. Hard Rock’s menu offers an array of classic American food such as burgers and a large selection of sandwiches and salads. Stop by the Rock Shop® for t-shirts and collectible pins. You can proudly show your support for a cause or simply sport a cool vintage design. The Rock Shop® offers fine quality t-shirts in hot styles designed by cool artists. Want more than just a rock t-shirt? Truly dedicated Hard Rock fans can collect pins that display their rock personalities.
Hammond, Indiana
“Better service at the Buffet!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I want everyone to read this so i will be to the point:
Took girlfriend to her first Hard Rock Cafe
All we see are open tables as we wait about 7 minutes before being greeted by the hostess.
Servers / Bussers were also walking past without a greeting as if they were slammed. (open tables everywhere)
After the hostess sat two couples before us, she walked to her "too busy supervisor" for a minute and she returned to inform us of a 30 minute wait (open tables everywhere)
I talked to the "supervisor" Treva, she cut me off numerous times and made the excuse... "would you rather wait 30 minutes to be seated and have good service? or would you rather sit down now and have bad service since the servers are too busy?
Seriously? (Now the Title of my review is making sense right?)
After I had to argue to spend my money at this "Hard Rock Cafe" about 20 min into being sat I talked with the server, I was finally calming down.. and asked about the ordeal, she made the same excuse up about the option of bad service now or wait out the door 30 minutes for good service. She also rolled her eyes at me and when I replied that I wouldnt want either one, she told me she was just trying to be patient with me...? A Fake apology wouldve been better. A Real apology wouldve been appreciated from either the server, hostess, or the supervisor Treva.
To no Avail... L.A.S.T (Listen Apologize, Satisfy, Thank) None of the Above was practiced.
When nothing was offered as a comp such as a free appetizer etc, I gave up. I stiffed the server for the first time in my life, but I made sure I gave 10 dollars to the great guitar player. The server made it a point to let me know she was upset about the tip too btw. I informed her that the guitar player deserved the 10 dollar tip and to work on the whole eye rolling thing to customers.
I spent 40 dollars on food (FOOD was GREAT) I shouldve tipped the cook as well.
Service.... Better at the Buffet where it is self served of course.
BEWARE of this HARD ROCK CAFE... Odds for this spot surviving (slim to none) unless they change management.

• Visited February 2013
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Hello,

We would very much like to speak with you about your experience with us. Can you please email your contact info to social@fourwindscasino.com?

Thank you!

63% Recommend
Buchanan, Michigan
“Smokey environment and over priced food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was very excited to hear we were getting a Hard Rock Cafe in the area. However, after one visit I sincerely doubt we will return. While the decor was neat, the food was over priced for the quality. As it is in a casino no smoking laws do not apply which makes it difficult to enjoy a meal (not Hard Rock's fault, I know). We were told we would have a 2 1/2 hour wait which actually ended up being more like an hour. When we were being seated we heard the host telling people there was still a 2 1/2 hour wait despite the fact that when we got in the restaurant there were numerous open tables. I am glad we went once to see the rock memoriablia but I feel no need to return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids
“I think they are still sorting things out...have they been open long?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We walked up, expecting to be seated, as the place was nearly empty, but were told that it would be a 35 minute wait. They took my phone number and texted me when our table was ready. Even though there were empty booths and tables everywhere, we were seated right up front, in front of the stage, where two musicians were playing. They were good, but the music was loud, making it impossible to talk during our meal. I'm guessing that the staff is required to ask how we were enjoying the musicians, as our waitress exclaimed twice (at different times) how she loved them. We ran into her in the gift shop as we were leaving, and she greeted us again and asked how we liked the musicians - apparently not realizing that she had just waited on us and had already asked us twice before - and again exclaimed how the band was "awesome".
Two of us got the original burger (I think that was the name), one of us got the Tupelo Chicken Haystack Salad. The salad was good, but needed more dressing. The burgers looked great, but were severely charred on the outside and bright pink and VERY greasy on the inside. We ordered them "medium" - so didn't expect for the outside to be so black and the inside to be so pink...Tried cutting into the burger, and it released a flood of grease so big that it immediately soaked the bottom portion of my bun. It was so gummy and gross, that I soaked up the remaining grease with TWO extra napkins, and scraped the bottom of the bun off, and ate what I could of the burger without it. My friend who got the same thing, had the same problem, and we both didn't finsh our meal. Our fries also got soaked by the burger grease, so we didn't finsh those either.
We heard someone else say that they were understaffed or short staffed that night. Not sure if that's what was going on, but as we sat there, looking around as we waited for our food, it was hard to believe that we had to wait 35 minutes for our table, as in total, there were about 20 people in the bar, and 20 or so in the WHOLE restaurant. (It's a pretty big place, and there was no one on the upper level.) I've been to other Hard Rock's before and have always enjoyed them and the experience of going to one, and the food - and was expecting the same here. I was very disappointed. Hoping it was just an "off day" here - but the food was mostly bad, waitress was nice (although slightly annoying) and prompt, but obviously wasn't paying much attention to what was going on, choice of seating was bad, music was good (but I wouldn't want to sit so close to the stage), wait for a table was confusing. Hopefully they'll get it together and step it up like all the other Hard Rock's I've been to. Maybe your food and experience will be better, but after my first time at this location, I won't be back soon.

Visited February 2013
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Hard Rock Cafe Four Winds, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello,

We would like to speak with you about your experience. Could you please email us your contact information to social@fourwindscasino.com. Thank you!
Oak Forest, Illinois
“Food great, service slow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I chose the 8oz grilled sirloin steak (just the right size for me) with broccoli and mashed potatos. My husband got the 1/2 slab of ribs with pulled pork and fries and our companions both got NY strip steak. We had loaded nachos for appetizers and drinks. Total bill was about $150.00 (approx.) Friends were able to comp some of the bill. Other than service being a little slow, we would try it again!!

Visited January 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fun Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Just like the one in Vegas...........even has a gift shop. Drinks a tad high in price, but the atmosphere is fabulous with costumes and displays.

Visited January 2013