We stayed here one night in July on the way back from Detroit in order to avoid rush hour traffic into Chicago. It's not fancy or charming, but for what it is I think it was pretty nice. It's spotless and comfortable with nice public areas, including the pool which was clean and pleasant. I guess it's a bit weird for some that it's right off the lobby but it didn't really bother me. The water temperature was comfortable and it wasn't crowded when I went for a swim before dinner. Our room was huge with a big bathroom, but we had an accessible room so I'm not sure what a regular room would be like. The little buffet breakfast was fine, not a big selection but a decent enough variety of stuff and what I had tasted good. I'd say it would be great for kids. The eating area was really crowded when I went down, but I took my breakfast back to the room anyway so it didn't matter to me. The ladies at reception were very nice and helpful as were the housekeeping ladies I ran into. The biggest problem is the elevator--since it's also the service elevator you can stand there waiting for it forever. The hotel is waaay out of town so I'm not sure I would pick it for a weekend in New Buffalo, but again for families with children it's probably a better option than say a B&B, although I thought it was a bit pricey for a Holiday Inn. We ate at Jimmy's for lunch and it was really good, terrific drinks and delicious sandwiches. It's on the way into New Buffalo, a bit outside of town and I'd highly recommend for a nice quiet bite to eat.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo Hotel New Buffalo
- Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Buffalo
- New Buffalo Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of New Buffalo is a premier hotel in Harbor Country, offering excellent accommodations in a resort atmosphere near the shore of Lake Michigan, within 1 1/2 miles to the beach. The convenient location at exit 1 off I-94 is close to the new Four Winds Casino, The Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets in Michigan City, Indiana, Warren Dunes and less than an hour's drive to South Bend and Notre Dame University. It is a great location for visitors arriving to or leaving Chicago, approximately an hour from the greater Chicagoland area and within close proximity to the Michigan Wine Trail, including Tabor Hill, St. Julian, Free Run and The Round Barn, as well as other wineries. Hotel features include complimentary continental breakfast, free local phone calls and free high-speed Internet access. Visit New Buffalo, MI, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.