“Convenient to Harbor Grand visitors” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Terrace Room at The Harbor Grand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in New Buffalo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oselka Drive
Transit: New Buffalo's Amtrak station is just steps away.
Description: Enjoy rustic Italian cuisine with a waterfront view. Handmade pastas and regional dishes inspired by the season are complemented by a carefully curated wine list and Terrace Room's intimate fireside setting. When weather allows, the outdoor terrace is one of Harbor Country's most beautiful dining spots. Dinner and drinks daily from 5pm. Please be advised that the restaurant is operating on Eastern Standard Time.
Indiana
“Convenient to Harbor Grand visitors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We were staying at the Harbor Grand but tried to eat dinner at Bentwood Tavern at the Marina Grand. There was an hour and a half wait so we came back to Harbor Grand and ate at the Terrace Room. Maybe because it wasn't our first choice it felt a little like a consolation prize. Everything was good, but nothing really outstanding.
I had the rainbow trout and my husband had the steak.
The convenience of the Terrace Room was a definite plus.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Mediocre food and boring indoor dining”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The patio here looked beautiful but unfortunately it was pouring rain the night we ate here so we were stuck inside. You head to the hotel basement to enter the restaurant and the dining room is oddly laid out with a couch in the middle and decor heavy on wood and carpet. It felt old and stuffy to me, not someplace I would want to come back to as a younger person. The food was very mediocre for the money. $17 ravioli was very average and a tiny portion. The chopped salad was the worst I've ever had with an odd creamy dressing. The baked goat cheese appetizer was delicious. The service was attentive but with too much of a focus on pushing alcoholic beverages. I'd suggest visiting Bentwood Tavern instead. I'm guessing the patio is the thing that won this restaurant its high marks from other travelers.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Nice wait staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had dinner here on a Friday night. The food was just average and I thought over priced for what we received. Their sister restaurant the Bentwood Tavern was much better in my opinion. I had the ravoli and my husband had the Spaghetti and meatballs. We have had much better food for a lot less money before. The view was nice and some of the meals that others were having did look better than our meals. I would probably not go back if we are in New Buffalo again.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elgin, Illinois
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I met a friend for an early dinner and we all loved our food. We tried the salmon, chicken parm, and ravioli. All the meals were presented and tasted fantastic! We were all very pleased with everything-- we sat outside and our waitress was great too. We will definitely return! I can see why they are rated #1 on TripAdvisor!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis
“Lovely evening on their patio”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Good service, fine food, a lovely patio. We enjoyed their Italian cuisine. The caprese and garden lentil salad are delightful appetizers and we shared the Linguine con Frutti di Mare. The food was tasty well prepared.. The service was good, not exceptional and we did find the atmosphere most pleasant. It was also a short walk back to town and a lovely after-dinner ice cream cone. Certainly worth a visit. However, it was difficult (actually impossible) to raise them on the phone so we had to book through OpenTable.com and did not know if we had been able to get out outdoor seating until we arrived.

• Visited July 2012