“Would come back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in New Buffalo
toronto, on
“Would come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010 via mobile

We stayed there for 1 night and enjoyed it. The room was clean, breakfast was good and service pleasant.would stay there again

• Stayed September 2010

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Booked Saturday night stay through PL for our family of four. Our two queen-bedded room was clean. The bed and linens were of a very good quality. Excellent lighting and furnishings. No trouble from highway noise or light coming through the curtains. Unlike an earlier poster, we were untroubled by noises from the hallway, even though our room was just off the elevator and the hotel was fully booked, including many with a wedding party. The complimentary breakfast ends at 10:00 on the weekends, so be sure to get up if you want to enjoy the waffle maker, fresh fruit and pastries. There were also hard boiled eggs, breakfast sandwiches, cereal, bagels and cinnamon mufins.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

This hotel is not what its cracked up to be. There is no peace and quiet here. The doors slam loudly. You can here the traffic from the highway behind the hotel. Lights from outside blare in the hotel windows. We were right next to the ice maker. People getting ice all hours of the night. The fan motor on the ice maker is super loud. You hear footsteps and people moving around you. I dont reccmemnd this place. There must be better out there. This place is just too loud. I wanted to stay out of the hotel for as long as possible.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Oakville, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Good clean new hotel. Reasonable rates and 24 hour coffee and tea. Pool could be a little cleaner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

We went to New Buffalo for the first time over Labor Day weekend. Our check-in took about 2 minutes, and was really smooth. The staff was very nice the whole weekend. As soon as we got up to our room, I called down to the front desk because our remote wasn't working. A guy came up immediately, replaced the batteries, and our remote was fixed right away. I was pleasantly shocked at how quickly they responded. Though the pool isn't huge, we were the only people in it during the times we took our girls down there, so it was perfect for us. The breakfast was really nice as well. As someone else said, I suggest eating at the Shaggy Dog - it was great.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

This hotel is not in in the heart of the town, but is off the interstate that gets you into town. My husband and I chose it because of that reason. We didn't want to be in town (weekend tourists, traffic, etc.) and we were headed west so the interstate ramp was super close. It is literally a 5-6 minute drive to the lakefront parking lot (free before 9am, $5 after that). Other hotels on the lakefront are expensive and would require a 0.5 mile walk to the beach (with beach gear in tow), so most people drive and park when they visit anyway .

This is a pet-friendly hotel. Someone's little dog barked all afternoon, locked in its room, while its owners were out and about. If it sensed anyone passing its door, it went crazy. The discussion on pet-friendly hotels is better left for another time. That said, it was mostly silent at night as I assume the owners were with it. Just an occasional yap was heard from our room.

The pool/whirlpool were large enough for one family to play/sit in, but I can imagine it feeling crowded if more people showed up. My husband and I had it all to ourselves for a good 10 minutes and that was nice.

Breakfast was great! Make-your-own waffles were popular. Shelled hard-boil eggs were chilled for you to grab and go. Coffee, juice, milk, cereals, oatmeal, yougurt, egg McMuffin-style sandwiches, breakfast muffins and bagels (toasters available) gave everyone something to like.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

The room could have been good for value, if I had not been through a hardship to correct bill. I have purchased a room for two night stay. When I check out I asked for a receipt but was told that for I purchased the room through priceline, they cannot provide one. Quite weird for I never had any problem to get receipt at the end, but I just asked TWICE whether they charged me for any additional bill, and was told no. Left the hotel. Next day I found that they have double charge for the stay, contacted hotel, was told that they cannot do anything until manager come, and thus I have to call again. I have not yet resolved this issue.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!