“Big thumbs up!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in New Buffalo
Lake in the Hills, Illinois
“Big thumbs up!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much! Great location right off the highway, and about a mile from the Four Winds Casino. Was only supposed to stay for one night in a king room (booked on Priceline for a really low rate using the "name your own price" option). Room was clean and suited our needs just fine. We enjoyed the breakfast service, and found the food tasty and liked that their were options for some hot food versus the standard "continental" breakfasts that come free with other hotels. Also, really like that there was always hot coffee and tea in the lobby. We had decided after the first night that since bad weather was coming in that maybe we should stay an extra night instead of driving home in a snow storm. I approached who I am guessing was the manager at the front desk and asked him if he would honor the Priceline price I got online for the second nights stay. Not only did he honor the price, he even upgraded us to a HUGE king Jacuzzi room! It was fantastic since we had been snowmobiling all day and the Jacuzzi felt great on sore muscles. We will be back to this hotel for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay. It is great to hear that you took advantage of and enjoyed our free breakfast. I am glad that we had the opportunity to upgrade you to a Jacuzzi Room! Thanks for staying and we hope to see you again.

Erik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn was very nice! At check in, the front desk associate was very informative and offered helpful information and recommendations of the area. The room was nice and modern. I wouldn't count on the complimentary breakfast - - both mornings I visited the staff could not keep up with the demand and almost all items were gone. There is also not much seating in the breakfast area so this was slightly uncomfortable. Otherwise a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay here. I appreciate the comments about your check-in experience, as we always try to give our guests a great first impression right from the start. I am glad that your room met your expectations. I apologize that we didn't take care of you during breakfast, I will review your comments with my Breakfast Team.
We hope to see you again.

Thank You.

Zionsville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This property is fine for a couple of nights stay. Breakfast pretty good. Weight room not so much. Equipment outdated and sparse. Decent price, average experience. No issues.
Marriott Platinum member; they did nothing to acknowledge this specifically.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your comments and for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast during your stay. Thank you for the feedback about our fitness center; I have been looking to set up something with the local Gym so that our guests have the option to expand their work out. I checked your reservation to see if we were able to give you your Platinum upgrade while you were here, and it looks like we upgraded you to a King Suite.

Thank You.

Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at this motel while attending a family Christmas in New Buffalo. Total "10" for staff, environment, cleanliness (and I'm fussy). I would highly recommend to others. We like all the Mariott chain as they offer very good senior discounts.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and overall cleanliness. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas here with your family in New Buffalo. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.
Thank you for your business.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Last August I was driving from PA to IA and was looking for an interesting place to stay. New Buffalo as a town was FANTASTIC, but I was a little disappointed with this hotel. I went with the Marriott brand thinking it would be the better of the two name brands I was considering. After a full day of driving in a car with two children I was looking forward to a room that looked liked the photos -- ours was close but just a little rough around the edges, and had a funky smell -- perhaps from families who stayed before with younger children still in diapers. (I often wonder if hotels have rooms secretly reserved for people travelling with kids -- these are the rooms where the carpet is already stained, and everything else a little less than just right. I'd probably do the same if I ran a hotel ;) ). Housekeeping was super friendly and approachable, the front desk staff efficient. Breakfast was what you would expect. Pool was SUPER small. I think it was only installed so they could legally say they have a pool. My guess is most of the rooms are nicer than the one we stayed in. It was so absolutely wonderful to be back in the Midwest, and the lake was breathtaking, both of these factors made up for what the room lacked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hello Sara,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed New Buffalo and Lake Michigan. I am sorry to hear that your room did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for the feedback about Housekeeping and Front Desk, we strive to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated. I hope next time that you are in the area you give us another chance.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel itself is fine, in fact it may be one of the nicer Fairfield Inns I've stayed in. While on the low end of the Marriott chain and therefore missing a lot of the luxuries you'd get at a JW, this one has very nice staff, furnishings were updated, mostly okay breakfast (could have used better fruit and biscuits). They are convenient to Four Winds Casino and even provide shuttle service there. The problem I had is that the main job of a hotel, for me, is to provide good sleeping accommodations, and the hotel's proximity to I-94 made it impossible for me to get a good night's sleep. I was on the side of the hotel nearest the highway, and the noise from the trucks passing by kept me up most of the night despite using the white noise app on my iPad, earplugs, etc. Perhaps a room on the other side of the hotel would have been okay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your feedback about the staff and that we are one of the nicer Fairfields that you have stayed in. I apologize about you not getting a good night's rest while you were here. Sometimes the trucks can be a bit noisy. Please let me know when you are visiting the area again, I will make sure that you are on the opposite side of the hotel.

Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our second stay at the Fairfield Inn. My husband and I made a last minute decision to travel to Four Winds Casino. We did not have a reservation when we checked in at Fairfield, but that wasn't a problem. The check in experience was smooth and we were upgraded to a King suite. Our room faced the corn fields and was quiet and clean. There is a free shuttle that runs to the casino until 2 am on the weekends which is very convenient. The breakfast bar has a nice selection and hits the spot. We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel has 4 floors. We find it the least noisy on the 4th floor.