“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in New Buffalo
Orlando, Florida
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn was very nice! At check in, the front desk associate was very informative and offered helpful information and recommendations of the area. The room was nice and modern. I wouldn't count on the complimentary breakfast - - both mornings I visited the staff could not keep up with the demand and almost all items were gone. There is also not much seating in the breakfast area so this was slightly uncomfortable. Otherwise a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay here. I appreciate the comments about your check-in experience, as we always try to give our guests a great first impression right from the start. I am glad that your room met your expectations. I apologize that we didn't take care of you during breakfast, I will review your comments with my Breakfast Team.
We hope to see you again.

Thank You.

Erik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Zionsville, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This property is fine for a couple of nights stay. Breakfast pretty good. Weight room not so much. Equipment outdated and sparse. Decent price, average experience. No issues.
Marriott Platinum member; they did nothing to acknowledge this specifically.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your comments and for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast during your stay. Thank you for the feedback about our fitness center; I have been looking to set up something with the local Gym so that our guests have the option to expand their work out. I checked your reservation to see if we were able to give you your Platinum upgrade while you were here, and it looks like we upgraded you to a King Suite.

Thank You.

Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at this motel while attending a family Christmas in New Buffalo. Total "10" for staff, environment, cleanliness (and I'm fussy). I would highly recommend to others. We like all the Mariott chain as they offer very good senior discounts.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello,

Thank you for the kind words about our staff and overall cleanliness. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas here with your family in New Buffalo. Please visit us again next time you are in the area.
Thank you for your business.

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Last August I was driving from PA to IA and was looking for an interesting place to stay. New Buffalo as a town was FANTASTIC, but I was a little disappointed with this hotel. I went with the Marriott brand thinking it would be the better of the two name brands I was considering. After a full day of driving in a car with two children I was looking forward to a room that looked liked the photos -- ours was close but just a little rough around the edges, and had a funky smell -- perhaps from families who stayed before with younger children still in diapers. (I often wonder if hotels have rooms secretly reserved for people travelling with kids -- these are the rooms where the carpet is already stained, and everything else a little less than just right. I'd probably do the same if I ran a hotel ;) ). Housekeeping was super friendly and approachable, the front desk staff efficient. Breakfast was what you would expect. Pool was SUPER small. I think it was only installed so they could legally say they have a pool. My guess is most of the rooms are nicer than the one we stayed in. It was so absolutely wonderful to be back in the Midwest, and the lake was breathtaking, both of these factors made up for what the room lacked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hello Sara,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed New Buffalo and Lake Michigan. I am sorry to hear that your room did not live up to your expectations. Thank you for the feedback about Housekeeping and Front Desk, we strive to make every guest feel welcome and appreciated. I hope next time that you are in the area you give us another chance.

Oak Ridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel itself is fine, in fact it may be one of the nicer Fairfield Inns I've stayed in. While on the low end of the Marriott chain and therefore missing a lot of the luxuries you'd get at a JW, this one has very nice staff, furnishings were updated, mostly okay breakfast (could have used better fruit and biscuits). They are convenient to Four Winds Casino and even provide shuttle service there. The problem I had is that the main job of a hotel, for me, is to provide good sleeping accommodations, and the hotel's proximity to I-94 made it impossible for me to get a good night's sleep. I was on the side of the hotel nearest the highway, and the noise from the trucks passing by kept me up most of the night despite using the white noise app on my iPad, earplugs, etc. Perhaps a room on the other side of the hotel would have been okay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your feedback about the staff and that we are one of the nicer Fairfields that you have stayed in. I apologize about you not getting a good night's rest while you were here. Sometimes the trucks can be a bit noisy. Please let me know when you are visiting the area again, I will make sure that you are on the opposite side of the hotel.

Ada, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our second stay at the Fairfield Inn. My husband and I made a last minute decision to travel to Four Winds Casino. We did not have a reservation when we checked in at Fairfield, but that wasn't a problem. The check in experience was smooth and we were upgraded to a King suite. Our room faced the corn fields and was quiet and clean. There is a free shuttle that runs to the casino until 2 am on the weekends which is very convenient. The breakfast bar has a nice selection and hits the spot. We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel has 4 floors. We find it the least noisy on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Kim,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to see that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the breakfast as well. We hope to have you here again soon.

LeClaire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Booked a stay to New Buffalo Fairfield Inn- after an unexpected family tragedy I called and cancelled our reservations two days prior to stay. Much to my surprise I ran across a $248 charge on our credit card about two weeks later. When I called to question the charge stating that I had cancelled the reservation, I was treated extrememly rudely! From the front desk staff to the General manager Eric. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not getting a cancellation number, thus they would not refund my credit card stating that we had been a "no show". It is not our fault that the person who took the cancellation was not properly trained or somehow did not cancel it out. A very costly mistake for us! The way my husband and I were treated- even from managment staff tells me this company does not value its customers. Definitely will NEVER stay at a Marriott proerty again. Beware of giving out your credit card number- may very well be charged even though you don't stay!!!! Horrible customer service!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelli

Thank you for your review; all feedback, positive or negative is important as it helps us to serve our guests better. It is true that you were charged for your stay, as it states when you make your reservation that you will be charged unless you cancel your reservation. After reviewing your reservation again, you did not speak with my front desk; they are trained to relay all cacellation numbers immediately at the time of cancellation. When we spoke earlier you were informed that you made your reservations with another party, not the hotel. With Marriott Central Reservations they will always give out cancellation numbers as well.

I am sorry that you feel that you were treated rudely, that is never our goal at our hotel, we intend to give everyone a memorable stay for the right reasons...I apologize if we failed to do that for you. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance.

Erik

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!