“No reservations - No problem” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in New Buffalo
Ada, Michigan
“No reservations - No problem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our second stay at the Fairfield Inn. My husband and I made a last minute decision to travel to Four Winds Casino. We did not have a reservation when we checked in at Fairfield, but that wasn't a problem. The check in experience was smooth and we were upgraded to a King suite. Our room faced the corn fields and was quiet and clean. There is a free shuttle that runs to the casino until 2 am on the weekends which is very convenient. The breakfast bar has a nice selection and hits the spot. We will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel has 4 floors. We find it the least noisy on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Kim,

Thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad to see that your stay was enjoyable and that we were able to upgrade you to a suite. It is nice to see that you enjoyed the breakfast as well. We hope to have you here again soon.

Erik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
LeClaire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Booked a stay to New Buffalo Fairfield Inn- after an unexpected family tragedy I called and cancelled our reservations two days prior to stay. Much to my surprise I ran across a $248 charge on our credit card about two weeks later. When I called to question the charge stating that I had cancelled the reservation, I was treated extrememly rudely! From the front desk staff to the General manager Eric. Unfortunately I made the mistake of not getting a cancellation number, thus they would not refund my credit card stating that we had been a "no show". It is not our fault that the person who took the cancellation was not properly trained or somehow did not cancel it out. A very costly mistake for us! The way my husband and I were treated- even from managment staff tells me this company does not value its customers. Definitely will NEVER stay at a Marriott proerty again. Beware of giving out your credit card number- may very well be charged even though you don't stay!!!! Horrible customer service!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelli

Thank you for your review; all feedback, positive or negative is important as it helps us to serve our guests better. It is true that you were charged for your stay, as it states when you make your reservation that you will be charged unless you cancel your reservation. After reviewing your reservation again, you did not speak with my front desk; they are trained to relay all cacellation numbers immediately at the time of cancellation. When we spoke earlier you were informed that you made your reservations with another party, not the hotel. With Marriott Central Reservations they will always give out cancellation numbers as well.

I am sorry that you feel that you were treated rudely, that is never our goal at our hotel, we intend to give everyone a memorable stay for the right reasons...I apologize if we failed to do that for you. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will give us another chance.

Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

For this category of hotel, the Fairfield Inn in New Buffalo is very nice with a convenient location off of the highway and close to downtown. The lobby, breakfast area and room were clean and attractive; the bed comfortable. The breakfast is typical hotel continental fare, with the addition of a few hot selections; convenient but nothing more. Southwest Michigan doesn't have enough hotels to meet the demand by tourists and visitors during events, so you pay more for a room in this category than you would in other areas. Two minor problems I experienced were the towels and wash clothes were super skimpy and thin, and the hot tub was overflowing with foamy stuff, which kept me from using it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for the feedback..! I am happy that you had a nice stay and that you thought our hotel was clean. We try our best to provide "clean and friendly" for every guest. I apologize about the towels and the foam in the hot-tub; that happens on occasion when it is used frequently, it must have been between cleaning times.
Again, I appreciate your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Please visit us again.

St Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation but had no trouble getting a beautiful room at an excellent rate. The front desk hostess was very helpful. We were very happy with our room. The bed was very comfortable & the bathroom was very nicely equipped with all supplies. Our room faced the highway, but we didn't hear much noise. We missed breakfast because we were so comfortable, we slept late. Will definitely stay there on all future trips.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! It is great to see that you enjoyed your room and that our Front Desk was helpful with your stay. Next time you are here I will keep breakfast open a little later so you can enjoy it, but still sleep in again.

Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very comfortable, new fitness room equipment, excellent service from front desk, great breakfast.. Stayed here on business and will definitely stay here the next time in the area. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Phil,

Thank you for the kind words! We try to provide a home away from home; especially when you are away on business; I am happy to see we acheived that for you.

Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed with the family 4 nights right after Labor day. Overall very good experience. We got a discounted rate on a 2 queen suite (all week stay, no weekend nights) which was fantastic. We checked in around 9pm and the guy running the desk was really good. The thing you have to remember about non-full service hotels is there is generally one, and only one, person to do everything at night. So every guest that needs something, every outside call, every guest that checks in, plus whatever administrative duties are needed are being done by one person. That's a coporate decision and is the same at Marriot, Hilton, HIE, etc so cut the night shift some slack.

Every employee I encountered greeted me and in general the employees take good care of the property and the guests. I normally travel for business so don't spend much time on hotel sites, but being on vacation I spent time in the morning with coffee and the newspaper. I talked to people like the Chief Engineer who was mortified that I saw cigarette butts on the patio ground (from some slob guests who couldn't be bothered to use the waste cans) and he grabbed a broom and swept it up while on his way to inspect equipment out back. We talked about the challenges of keeping a property looking good, especially near beaches, in today's lean staffing environment. These people get it.

We love the beaches here and this is a great property so we'll be back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the kind words! Our 2 queen suites are a great option for long term stays or when your with family. I really appreciate the comments about the staff, and that you were able to enjoy your stay here during your vacation. We hope to accomodate you next year as well and hopefully we can get you in the 2 queen suite again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a very nice one night stay at this hotel.The rooms are well kept very clean and the beds were comfortable.I would stay again if I was in the area.The breakfast was excellent.
I would only suggest not to get a room on the highway side of the hotel because you can hear the highway traffic.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is not facing the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Allan,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad that you had a nice stay and that you were able to enjoy our breakfast the next morning. Thank you for your business, and please visit us again.

Erik

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!