“We loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in New Buffalo
St Louis, MO
“We loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We didn't have a reservation but had no trouble getting a beautiful room at an excellent rate. The front desk hostess was very helpful. We were very happy with our room. The bed was very comfortable & the bathroom was very nicely equipped with all supplies. Our room faced the highway, but we didn't hear much noise. We missed breakfast because we were so comfortable, we slept late. Will definitely stay there on all future trips.

• Stayed September 2013
Erik M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay! It is great to see that you enjoyed your room and that our Front Desk was helpful with your stay. Next time you are here I will keep breakfast open a little later so you can enjoy it, but still sleep in again.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very comfortable, new fitness room equipment, excellent service from front desk, great breakfast.. Stayed here on business and will definitely stay here the next time in the area. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Phil,

Thank you for the kind words! We try to provide a home away from home; especially when you are away on business; I am happy to see we acheived that for you.

Fort Calhoun, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed with the family 4 nights right after Labor day. Overall very good experience. We got a discounted rate on a 2 queen suite (all week stay, no weekend nights) which was fantastic. We checked in around 9pm and the guy running the desk was really good. The thing you have to remember about non-full service hotels is there is generally one, and only one, person to do everything at night. So every guest that needs something, every outside call, every guest that checks in, plus whatever administrative duties are needed are being done by one person. That's a coporate decision and is the same at Marriot, Hilton, HIE, etc so cut the night shift some slack.

Every employee I encountered greeted me and in general the employees take good care of the property and the guests. I normally travel for business so don't spend much time on hotel sites, but being on vacation I spent time in the morning with coffee and the newspaper. I talked to people like the Chief Engineer who was mortified that I saw cigarette butts on the patio ground (from some slob guests who couldn't be bothered to use the waste cans) and he grabbed a broom and swept it up while on his way to inspect equipment out back. We talked about the challenges of keeping a property looking good, especially near beaches, in today's lean staffing environment. These people get it.

We love the beaches here and this is a great property so we'll be back again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello Dave,

Thank you for the kind words! Our 2 queen suites are a great option for long term stays or when your with family. I really appreciate the comments about the staff, and that you were able to enjoy your stay here during your vacation. We hope to accomodate you next year as well and hopefully we can get you in the 2 queen suite again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had a very nice one night stay at this hotel.The rooms are well kept very clean and the beds were comfortable.I would stay again if I was in the area.The breakfast was excellent.
I would only suggest not to get a room on the highway side of the hotel because you can hear the highway traffic.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that is not facing the highway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Allan,

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad that you had a nice stay and that you were able to enjoy our breakfast the next morning. Thank you for your business, and please visit us again.

plantation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The bedroom/living room separated by a half wall was the standard Fairfield Inn. Very roomy, good bedding, clean. Standard included breakfast. Since I am an early riser, I had no problem at breakfast but by 8:30 am it was jammed with inadequate seating. The staff seemed overwhelmed. I always clean and clear my dining area when I am done but others do not and I did not see the see the staff clearing any of the tables. Ay $230/night + tax AAA discount rate, I think this was over-priced. Because it is close to the casino (just off I-94), they can get this. For those of us that have no interest in the casino it seemed a bit much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed last weekend in this hotel. The room was clean and nice. First the guy at the night shift didn't pick up the phone for like 20 minutes. Then when he finally did and I asked him for 3 extra pillows, he said he could give me only one and he said come to the reception and pick it up!, what? I never had such a horrible attitude in a hotel. I went downstairs and I waited like 10 minutes because he wasn't at the reception. Ridiculous!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Bob was wonderful and answered all our questions. Room was clean and breakfast was nice! Great location and wonderful staff! Highly recommend if you are in the area! Pool and hot tub were nice and clean!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Buffalo? Share your experiences!