“Poor Salad” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
North Canton, OH
“Poor Salad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We went here on the recomendation of our motel and it was only about 1/2 mile down the road.
I ordered a plain salad as theirs all come with Blue Cheese.
She brought a square plate, lettace in the center, and cut tiny tomatoes on 2 ends.
NO other vegatables!
It also had Blue Cheese!!
I again told her no blue cheese!

She then brought back the plate of lettace and tomatoes.
I was disappointed in the salad as I would call this a plate of lettace.
Also, taking the blue cheese off, they did not reduce the price!

I tried 2 dressings, their house citrus vinegarette which tasted like grass, and the honey mustard which was like straight De'jon Mustard! VERY HOT!

My husband's Blue cheese burger and fries was good!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Portage, Indiana
“GOOD MEAL BEFORE HITTING THE FOUR WINDS CASINO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I have been to Jimmy's twice since we decided to take a chance on it after driving past it a few times on the way to the Four Winds Casino. We used to go to Hannah's in New Buffalo until they closed! Jimmy's has a nice atmosphere, it is clean and the servers are friendly and efficient. I particularly enjoyed the Italian Roast Beef sandwich; it was one of the best I ever had and I tried the "Best Ever Ribs" on the second visit and found them to be good but not the "Best Ever". The BBQ sauce was unique; it had a little bite to it so beware if your taste is heat sensitive! My wife agreed that the Beef sandwich was superb and also enjoyed the Crab cakes that come with special sauces. The Flaming Saganaki cheese also seems very popular!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Park Ridge, Illinois
“EXCELLENT FOOD GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed this dining experience! Very nice staff and beautiful decor. The crab appetizer was nicely presented and tasted great. You could tell the ingredients were fresh and care was taken. Great selection of martinis and generous serving of drinks. Dinner was delicious I had a cheeseburger cooked to perfection, My wife had a bbq chicken salad that was fresh and very well prepared.

Not a place to gorge yourself like a buffet but a very nice dining experience that wasn't overpriced. Definitely coming back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Lake Michigan perch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

went here for dinner on a cousin's recommendation. Nice atmosphere, kind, efficient service and delicious lake perch-best I have had!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Been to Jimmys several times over the past 5 years when visiting New Buffalo for the July 4th holiday. THis time was so disappointing. We had the Panini. The bread was cut super thin. It tasted almost stale. It was an attractive looking sandwich with the grill lines etc. but the pork tasted weird and it was not a good meal. The appetizer was bruschetta, not bad, dessert was cheesecake, overpriced and slightly freezer burn taste. Never again.

• Visited July 2013