“Nice stay....even for the non-gambler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Winds Casino Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Buffalo
Four Winds Casino Resort
You added Four Winds Casino Resort to your Saves list
11111 Wilson Rd, New Buffalo, MI 49117   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in New Buffalo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jackson, Michigan
“Nice stay....even for the non-gambler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband, daughter and I enjoyed a few days at Four Winds Casino recently. The hotel was very nice and the staff was very friendly. My daughter LOVED the Kid's Quest area. This allowed us to leave her in a supervised situation while my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the Copper Rock and the hot tub. Instead of having a pool to lounge in we spent a few days at the beach. New Buffalo was a very nice little town and we spent the second day in South Haven.

Room Tip: Remember this is a smoking casino, so be specific if you want non smoking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a great time at the 4 winds casino yesterday! I had never been to a casino before and I was a bit nervous but we ended up having a great time. It was a random Tuesday and it was fairly busy but had a ton of open machines. I'm not sure how a Friday or Saturday would be though. Although I could smell some smoke it wasn't as overwhelming as I expected since I normally get sick from the smell and I was fine (again weekends might be different). I also didn't know how to dress but most people were casual so jeans and flip flops were perfect. We ended up leaving with a bit of money too which was awesome! Overall it was a great time and we will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would like to say "Thank You" for a wonderful day. Our trip was with the Keen Agers from Crown Point, In. The day was made so special by two of your security personnel, Jeff Sturgill and Jeremy Milzarski. We wanted to let their supervisors know how great they were but the supervisors were busy at that moment, so we wrote a note to be delivered to the supervisors. Imagine our surprise when later in the day the supervisors walked up and ask if we were Mary and Connie. The supervisors, Tim Beck and Joe Burk, were just as nice as could be. We enjoyed chatting with them. I hope all four of these people will be recognized as employees who went above and beyond the call of duty. It is a rare thing in this day and age to find such wonderful people. I am looking forward to going to Four Winds again. Thanks to all these wonderful people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Missy S, Interactive Marketing Specialist at Four Winds Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our staff. We're happy that we were able to delight you on your trip and look forward to providing you the same great experience on your next visit!
Exeter, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I are from Nebraska. We spent four days, three nights at the Four Winds. Trust us, this is a SUPER RESORT! On top of that, hubby won $1440 and I didn't do too bad either!

The rooms are clean! The maids, waiters, hotel clerks, service folks....everyone, just everyone was kind, professional, helpful and efficient.

Also, the town of New Buffalo is darling.......it has the feel of a coastal village. It reminded us of Bar Harbor and Camden Maine. The New Buffalo beach (Lake Michigan) is so nice!

Room Tip: We wanted a smoking room......but, we HATE smoking rooms that stink. We are not heavy smokers, but...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Four Winds Casino last fall and signed up for a club players card. I played slots and tables, spending a minimal amount of money. I was mailed offers to stay overnight in the casino hotel several times and finally found the time to plan my overnight visit at a rate of only $39 a night. My expectations were low based on the rate an that it was a casino that allows smoking, but I was in for a surprise.

The check in was simple and quick. We were given easy directions to find our room and outdoor hot tub. The hotel lobby and hallways were immaculate and decorated nicely. The room really wowed me - clean, new, fancy, comfortable bed, spectacular and spacious shower...and we were told to raid the mini bar because everything we find in the room was free.

We had a reasonably priced dinner at the on site Hard Rock Cafe, good food and service and used a coupon provided by Four Winds that took a 1/3rd of our bill off.

Unfortunately we weren't winners in the casino on this trip, but we enjoyed all that the hotel had to offer us. Within a few miles drive, we visited the public access New Buffalo beach, some quaint shops near the lake, local ice cream parlors and the famous burger joint Redamaks.

I hope that I earned enough points on my loyalty card to get a free stay soon because I will definitely return. Best vacation I've had only an hour from home in a long time. The highlight if the trip really was the great room, atmosphere and friendly people who worked there.

• Stayed July 2013
Woodside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I received a complimentary night at the Four Winds Casino so we decided to take the offer since we were in Indiana for my nephews wedding. The rooms were very spacious and clean. It was great being close to the casino floor. For those of us who still enjoy cigarettes we were able to get a smoking room. The Casino is large enough to spend hours playing slots. They have the latest ones, too. The dining options were good, we decided to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe. The food there is always good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Over the 4th of July weekend, six of us spent time in New Buffalo. We thought staying at the Four Winds would be nice. We are not big gamblers but it was lots of fun. They have a REALLY nice steak restaurant and on Fridays, the Hard Rock has entertainment. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well appointed. The staff was most accommodating! We signed up for the players card and ended up getting money off on our room. Someone had mentioned that we should ask upon checking out. The casino got a little smoky toward the end of the evening but the room was smoke free. It is a great location because you can spend a couple days there for a mini vacation/get-away as the Michigan Dunes are very close and there is a winery trail you can take. Our favorite was Tabor Hill. The food was outstanding. Take time out and spend a weekend there, you will like it. Also, they have some great entertainment. Check the website to see who is playing so you can plan on enjoying a concert as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Four Winds Casino Resort? Share your experiences!