“How sad.......” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Michigan
“How sad.......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

So much for Trip Advisor reviews. They wouldn't accept my flame review - which I thought was rather witty, so I'll just say that if you want to pay too much, be ignored, be really disappointed - then this place is for you.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Antwerp, Belgium
“mixed emotions - good but not excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We came back after a few years. At that time the restaurant had 2 Michelin stars, now it has 1 left. We had a lunch on sunday (degustation menu) and there were only 3 tables.
It's a great place with a beautiful garden and an amazing terrace.
The staff was friendly.
Surprising starter with lobster, fresh and well seasoned.
The main course didn't convince us. It was a cote à l'os, perfectly baked but with a lot of fat and tendons. I'm used to eat this kind of meat and I have to admit that it tasted good but when half of the 'meat' is fat I'm not satisfied. We expect more of a Michelin star restaurant.
We order some cheese and they they served it from a trolley. Delicious cheeses!
The dessert was again high level.
Amazing wine card but rather expensive. Some local alternatives. We had a nice champagne (Billecart) as an appetizer.
The mint tea was Lipton. Maybe good enough for a bar but not for this kind of restaurant.
Mixed emotions after this lunch. Wonderful place but some avoidable mistakes. After all we paid 350€ for the lunch (2p).

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cebu
“Horrible service! waitress ran outside just to insult us”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I will first say this was absolutely the rudest, most unbelievably horrible treatment I have ever received at a restaurant in my life...Totally unbelievable!

When we first walked in the waitresses were quite cold and made us feel very unwelcome that we had come without a reservation. After being made to wait to confirm our table, one of the waitresses said quite brusquely 'Okay go to the table in the middle'. When we finally did we were then scolded and told we were seated at the wrong table (No one had actually led us to the table due to the horrible service by the way).

Looking at the menu and considering we were unimpressed and decided to pay for the water we had consumed and quietly leaved. As we did this the waitress then tried to interrogate my father asking why we wanted to leave etc. He responded very kindly and we left on that note.

She then decides it would be a great idea to chase my father outside and say that he was rude and badly educated for leaving...Unfortunately he then of course was forced to reply to her..

But honestly in a beautiful town like Eygalieres, dont waste a moment in a place with such horribly rude service like Chez Bru.. not worth it :)

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
london
“Rude rude rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there two days ago. It was my child's first birthday as it happens and we went with another couple. The waitresses made it very clear to us from the outset that they were in a hurry and didn't have time for us. These people were so rude it was almost comical.

It was not just one waitress, it was both of them. I must say it was probably about the rudest service I have ever received.

Food was ok - nothing that special. Probably a bit over priced.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Blanden, Belgium
“Bad Hotel/Super Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Maison Bru is a bit of a mixed Bru.

Eventually I gave it a good rating because the food at dinner was really SUBLIME.
Warm flavours. The cuisine of the Provence is in Maison Bru at it's best.
We chose a tasting menu which consisted of many many dishes, but all pretty small sizes, so you never get the feeling you are gonna have to eat too much.

The winemenu is superb and it wasn't really hard to chose a lovely white Burgundy to accompany this exquisite dinner.

The service is very very attentive. Lovely garden terrace. warm atmosphere. candles. Luxury.
Superlatives for this fine evening.

I wish i could be as positive about the hotel, however the service leaves alot to be desired.
We had to wait 3 hours before we could get into our rooms. In a very hot and dusty hotel lobby, without any explanation and one small little coffee.
The rooms were nice, but a bit cool and the fake grass outside the terrace, really is terrible.

We'll be back...but only for dinner.

• Visited May 2012