“Would Stay Again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Seaway Drive, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Gladwin, Michigan, United States
“Would Stay Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon the staff was real friendly, and I talked to a bunch of different staff members all had a great personality. We got a honeymoon suit with the king bed and jacuzzi tub the room was nice and clean and a warm welcome after a four hour driver. The area around the hotel is not the greatest there r closed down buildings but what do u expect with the way the economy is to date. I am a 100 percent country boy and the area that this hotel is isnt real all that bad in my eyes. i would defiantly stay again.

P.S. they r going through some renovation right now so that is a down fall and there breakfast is not the best selection

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
We enjoyed reading your kind review. I especially liked when you referred to yourself as a 100% country boy. We were happy to serve you and that you enjoyed your room. We are wrapping up the renovation. It took longer than expected however; that is not unusual for a 127 room hotel. We started from the bottom up. There is a sense of satisfaction and preservation in "recycling" an older building. It may be true that the drains are a little slower than a brand new building but an older building does have a personality and character. We do serve a continental breakfast which consists of pastries, muffins, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee (lots of it), juices and milk. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about us. We certainly hope we can serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Columbus, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

we stayed last saturday .our room was not ready so we got a free upgrade.we loved the room it was great..we didnt get to enjoy the pool because the same people was in it for hours.running and jumping into the pool.if we can get the same room then we would love to come back here next years.we liked that there was a lot of lighting outside in the parking .the construction looks to be amost done.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for your kind review. It is refreshing and energizing to show reviews like yours to the employees that have put in so much time above and beyond what is required. It is good to see people working on the renovation who were unable to find work. We have been fortunate to have skilled employees during this renovation. We are happy you had a good time and we look forward to serving you again next year.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Such was not the case. Although the reviews posted were mixed i was impressed that the manager was often conscientious enough to write a response - - -so figured there would be some accountability. The fact that the manager said construction would be done by the end of July made me hopeful that when I set up the Aug 4 & 5 reservations for my parents things might be back to normal. Well, the tv didn't work, the coffee pot was broken, my fathers key card didn't work so he was stuck out in the rain (outdoor entrance), the curtains wouldn't close enough to block out the light, the AC ran on and off all night, and the hallway was still well under construction. They paid ~$219 for the two nights and were offered a mere $25 in compensation. Overall it was a lousy introduction to the Red Roof chain of hotels. Never again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I have read your review and would like to offer the following comments. I apologize that your family's stay wasn't what you or they expected. The renovation has taken a bit longer than expected however, the rooms were ready for guests. I am not sure why the TV didn't work as I checked it the next day and it was working. I am not sure if your parents called the front desk to inform us of the problems. If they had, we would have been happy to provide a different TV and coffee pot. I checked the draperies. The light does filter a little through the sides however, they do block light as intended. The A/C will come on when the temperature is higher than the set temperature. I am sorry that your father had to stand out in the rain due to the key card. They are a little finicky sometimes and I apologize for the inconvenience. We would like the opportunity to serve you in future if you or your family are in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Muskegon Heights hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I almost always stay at Red Roof Inns. They're clean, comfortable and usually in nice areas. We'd made a reservation here to conclude our vacation, but when we saw the area it was in, we hesitated. We were going to give it a chance but when we pulled around the side of the building and saw what appeared to be a drug deal taking place, we decided to drive the remaining 3 hours home. Sorry.

• Stayed August 2012
I have read your review and thank you for your satisfaction with the new rooms, cleanliness, and service we provided. I do not think what you witnessed was a drug deal. We have camera's outside and inside the hotel as most hotels do. I reviewed the cameras on the date of your stay. I cannot be positive however, I did see people meeting but it looked as if one person gave another person a pack of cigarettes. I am confident in our security measures. I apologize that you had to experience an uncertain situation and that you didn't feel safe. I would like the opportunity to serve you again in future.
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went with another family to this hotel and were impressed with the friendly staff and clean rooms. We're told that breakfast will be served till 10: 30 am next morning but on reaching at 10 am next day, it was a disaster. The waitress was rude and unfriendly. The milk was over and on asking her, she said"it's over now". Our kids ate cereal with no milk!! There were only 2 bagels left in the shelf.The air conditioner was loud.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We were happy to serve you and your family at the Red Roof of Muskegon. I appreciated your feedback. Also thank you for the overall good review. The breakfast issue should not have happened and for that I apologize. Training staff is a continual work in progress. Thank you for letting us know of the problem. It truly is the best way to look objectively at a problem.
I hope you let us serve you again.
Sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed here over a long weekend for a family reunion. The main reasons we picked this hotel were location and price. The room listed at roughly 1/3 - 1/2 less than other places. The reason (we found out) was due to ongoing construction. Our room was in the "work zone", and had a thick coating of dust. We had to be careful going to and from, due to some tools left in the hallway.

Our electronic key would only stay keyed for one day, which was irritating but not infuriating. The advertised wi-fi did not work in the room. The first three days, the desk staff told me it was because I must be entering the wrong password or something. The day we left we were told that their provider had been having a problem in our wing over the weekend.

Those were the negatives. There were certainly positives.

The price was as advertised, so we got what we paid for. The staff were all very friendly, polite, and helpful. The mistake about the internet was probably an honest misunderstanding, as the same people were genuinely great in every other aspect.

The location was very good. It is in a rougher neighborhood, but we had no troubles. It was also close to the reunion area, plus numerous attractions. The beach is really super! It was our first visit to the Great Lakes, and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

I would like to see the hotel after the renovation is complete. The breakfast area has been completed, and was very nice. No hot items, but the cereal/breads were plentiful and varied. If the rest of the hotel comes out like this area, it would probably get an upgraded report.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in the construction area.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
You wrote a good review. You were honest about the areas that were still being worked on yet you were able to find positive things to say about the hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about us. I have taken your constructive comments to heart and discussed them in staff meetings. We can always improve. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to serve you.
c-town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our first stay in the area. We went to Michigan Adventures, Lake Michigan and Grand Haven. We picked this hotel because of location and price. It was with 15 miles of everything we wanted to do.
The area was a little depressed, many closed businesses in the surrounding area.
The hotel was/ is being renovated--- our room was finished and beautiul. We had a suit with a kitchenette, and seperate bed room.
The staff was great and very accomadating. The kids loved the, pool, free breakfest and use of the computer in the lobby. Thanks Lisa, Lisa B and Nicole!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
i0712, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
I have read your energizing review. :-) I do appreciate your comments about your stay with us. We learn to be a better host through guest reviews.

The employees remember you and enjoyed interacting with your party. It helps staff morale and encourages them to want to do what they can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I have talked with Lisa, Lisa B. and Nicole and told them they did a great job.

We hope you return to Muskegon and stay with us. Have a safe and fun summer.

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Muskegon Heights? Share your experiences!