My wife and I stayed for 1 night in, what we were informed, was the best room in the chateau. It was in fact a second floor suite in one of the towers.
To describe the suite as tired would be an understatement. Frankly this room had not been renovated for over twenty years - maybe longer - and sadly this also included the bed which was worn out. The chateau smelt like an elderly persons' home and I wonder if this was a clue to it's past?
When you pay over Euros350 for a room, breakfast and dinner you are entitled to expect a higher standard of accommodation. We even had to pay extra for the WiFi service that only worked in one of the common rooms. The common areas were poorly presented and needed decoration but it was not only this that let the property down. There was no elegant period furniture or large oil paintings of past owners. It did not feel like a chateau so I would think very long and hard before booking to stay here. Don't be fooled by the rather fine postcard of the outside and grounds! .
Had we not paid the Euros100 deposit we would have checked out immediately but we feared that we would not see the deposit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of green Périgord , situated between Périgueux and Brantome, " discover the charm of the past, in one of the most beautiful castles of the Dordogne hotels , whose origins date back to the fifteenth century."17 rooms and suites, spacious and bright , with antique furnishings combined with modern comforts. Each has its own character and offers stunning views over the rolling countryside and the old park . Romantic " les Moulineaux " suite with canopy bed has a private access to the terrace of the dungeon. Absolute calm. Pets allowed .The castle restaurant : generous traditional and gourmet cuisine based on fresh, seasonal and local produce prepared by our chef Marie Verdier . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Chateau De La Cote reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Cote Hotel Brantome
- Chateau De La Cote Brantome