“Great Staff, But Needs More Outlets” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Last Minute Deals!
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Muskegon
Peoria, Illinois
“Great Staff, But Needs More Outlets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stay at this property a couple of times a year and always enjoy the stay. HOWEVER, there aren't enough outlets in the rooms. I can't remember the last time I stayed at a Hampton that didn't have outlet clusters by the bed and by the work desk. Like a lot of business travelers, I need 4 outlets to charge my electronics for the next day. I had to unplug the clock radio, the lamp on the nightstand and the light by the desk. C'mon folks, spend a few bucks and fix this - great property, nice folks, but the lack of outlets is a big deal for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
I’d like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Hampton Inn, Muskegon and for taking the time to offer a review of our property on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all of the feedback we get because it helps us to deliver a better experience for you, our guest. Your review will make it possible to better respond to our guest’s needs going forward.

There is great news regarding our hotel, in that we about to embark on a major update of our property. All areas of the hotel are set to receive significant upgrades and we will certainly look at what we can do to add additional outlets for guests just like you who need to stay connected.
Our goal is to make sure every guest that visits us is extremely satisfied with their stay.

Reviews like yours let us know we are the right track with the staff we have to welcome you but there is always room for improvement in the amenities we can offer. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other concerns or suggestions to meet your total satisfaction on your next stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Robert Taylor

146 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Clarkston, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had a great stay. We usually stay at conference center down the road but unavailable. We usually choose Hamptons because of their consistency. We found this place to be just what we had expected. We Used the pool. Room was very comfy with everything needed available. Breakfast was excellent with many choices and nice large eating area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Morristown, TN, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

please correct the connection to run faster. Thanks! The internet connection takes an unusual amount of time to just browse the internet. When i stay at this Hampton, it is always for business only and for specific business goals. Please help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stay her a couple of times per year on business. Clean room, comfortable bed, and now have micro & fridge in rooms. Staff friendly and breakfast good. However, this older Hampton is probably due for a renovation. The rooms are getting kind of "worn" and beat up. Carpet fading and stained. Nothing really bad - but she is starting to show her age.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, April 18, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. Great news, we are going to be undergoing a FULL renovation beginning in June. We are so excited for the updates and we can't wait to show off the new look.

Purcellville, Virginia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great hotel and hotel staff - welcomed me as a Diamond member and upgraded me to best room. The room was very spacious - had the board room. large bathroom, with excellent comfortable king bed. The staff was exceptionally friendly and had my cab waiting for me exactly at 10:30 AM as I requested 17 hours earlier. $10 cab ride including tip to airport. Enjoyed the recommended Pizza from nearby Greek /Italian restaurant that delivered. Lots of choices if its raining and you don't ant to venture back out.

Less than 10 minutes to airport so easy in and out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I realize that your time is very important and we truly value your feedback. Guest feedback tells us what we’re doing right and where we have room to improve. We use guest feedback as training tools for our staff members. Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for total guest satisfaction and it’s always nice when someone takes the time to tell us that we have successfully achieved that goal. If you have a specific team member of ours who really made an impression during your stay, or a “WOW” moment you want to share, please feel free to email me. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you again for your response, and we hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hampton Inn Muskegon is a great place to stay. I lived in Muskegon for 8 years and now live in a neighboring town. Our family still returns to Hampton Inn at least once a year when we come back to visit. I stayed this time with my 3 kids for a "staycation" to go swimming. Lots of plusses for this hotel--no downside that I can see, having stayed here during busy season (summer time and during big regional music fest in town), as well as much less busy times). It's better than comparably priced hotel chains in the area for price/convenience/cleanliness/amenities.

My reference point is other $89-$129/night chains, and this Hampton does well. It is always the place we recommend to friends who are staying in Muskegon, unless walkability to downtown is a must. Plusses of this Hampton: great breakfast, including 3 coffees, waffles, eggs, biscuits/gravy, fruits, cereals, hot oatmeal, etc. They also have "breakfast to go" in sacks if you're in a hurry. Nicest part: they just think of everything, especially if you are bringing a "breakfast in bed" upstairs to sleeping spouse/small children. They had nice containers with lids for everything, so it stacked up neatly on provided trays. Big hit with kids who are used to cheap-o Dad and cold cereal when on the road. Attendant kept things stocked and even offered to help carry a second tray up to room. Nice.

Other hotel plusses: close to intersection of the 2 major highways (E/W and N/S), but not noisy in room that faced highway. Within a mile of the mall, Target, sporting goods store, grocery mega store, gas, major chain restaurants. Within 4 miles of awesome beaches on Lake Michigan. Very short drive to downtown for events/festivals. Pool area was fine-- nothing fancy, but it was pretty clean and was stocked with towels.

Our 2-queen bed room had a large-ish room fridge and microwave. Convenient outlets everywhere for charging devices. Free wi-fi worked great on third floor far from the center of the hotel, no connection issues. Furniture in good shape. Clock radio had MP3/iPod input to plug in devices and play them. Beds were comfortable/clean. Room smelled clean. Staff friendly and competent.

I have been here with my wife and 3 kids under 5, as well as just with wife as a couple, and other times with guy friends staying here to party. Hotel meets needs of all those types of trips. Great place to stay, especially considering the competition in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I realize that your time is very important and we truly value your feedback. Guest feedback tells us what we’re doing right and where we have room to improve. Thank you so much for the detailed review, it was great to see so much informatoin on our hotel. We use guest feedback as training tools for our staff members. Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for total guest satisfaction and it’s always nice when someone takes the time to tell us that we have successfully achieved that goal. If you have a specific team member of ours who really made an impression during your stay, or a “WOW” moment you want to share, please feel free to email me. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you again for your response, and we hope to see you again soon!
Normal, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visit each year and stay here each time. Room is clean, great to have a breakfast and free internet access, staff is very pleasant. Nothing overly outstanding but nothing even close to unacceptable - just a nice overall stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tara Mack

Been to Hampton Inn Muskegon? Share your experiences!