“A nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Muskegon
Normal, IL
“A nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visit each year and stay here each time. Room is clean, great to have a breakfast and free internet access, staff is very pleasant. Nothing overly outstanding but nothing even close to unacceptable - just a nice overall stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I realize that your time is very important and we truly value your feedback. Guest feedback tells us what we’re doing right and where we have room to improve. We use guest feedback as training tools for our staff members. Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for total guest satisfaction and it’s always nice when someone takes the time to tell us that we have successfully achieved that goal. If you have a specific team member of ours who really made an impression during your stay, or a “WOW” moment you want to share, please feel free to email me. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you again for your response, and we hope to see you again soon!
Tara Mack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hampton Inn in Muskegon, not the easiest Hampton to get to but the staff & hotel are worth the effort.Easy to see from highways, tucked away behing mall.Very friendly and professional staff, clean faucility.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the Guest Service Survey in regards to your resent stay at the Muskegon Hampton Inn. Feedback from great guests such as your self helps us to improve and provide the excellent service that Hilton is known worldwide for.
The management and staff at the Hampton Inn were very happy to hear you had a great stay! Thank you again for your feed back. We look forward to providing that same great service in the future!
Custer, M
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had previously stayed at this Hampton Inn and enjoyed our experience. However, this time we could not use the TV because the DirecTV signal kept cutting out. Breakfast options for a Hampton Inn seemed far less than we are used to. No breakfast meat offered. Probably would not stay at this particular Hampton Inn again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment that you experienced at our hotel. I am so sorry that you suffered problems with the TV during your stay. Since your stay we have been working hard with our Sateltite provider to come up with a resolutuion. I am also sorry to hear that you did not find our breakfast satisfying. We take suggestions and ideas all the time to make improvements and we will be looking into your suggestions for the future.
I would certainly like the opportunity to extend an invitation of return to the Hampton Inn Muskegon. I know this will not make up for the problems that you may have experienced but hopefully, upon your return, you will regain your confidence in the Hampton Inn Muskegon. I apologize again for the inconvenience that you experienced and hopefully we will be seeing you again soon!

Tara Mack

If there is anything at all that you may need, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Horton, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We knew where we were going, so location was not a problem. However, if you are not familiar with the area, it is fairly hard to find.
Check in was extremely quick & the front desk clerk was very nice.
The room was well sized & the bed was comfortable. Everything seemed very clean.
The pool area was the biggest dissapointment. While it was nice size & very clean, even my son wouldn't get into the pool because the water was extremely cold. And then the jacuzzi was quite the opposite. It was actually too hot to be enjoyable. So please don't book here if you are planning to use these facilities.
The breakfast was decent - average for a mid level hotel chain.
If you are just looking for a one night stop over, this is a good place with comfortable rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Please accept my deepest apologies for the disappointment that you experienced at our hotel. I am so sorry that you were not able to enjoy our wonderful pool and hot tub. I want to personally let you know that we have turned up the heat in the pool so that it reads 84 degrees and our hot tub has cooled off.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn? These 2 brands are in the same segments and offer about the same experience. I have stayed at both of them several times in Muskegon. The reason I chose them is because I like the location in the commercial area. If you want to be more next to the sea, Shoreline or Holiday Inn would be a better choice.

The rate is about the same. The Internet is free for both. They are offering the same disappointing gym size. But I think the Fairfield one is a little better. Both have nice pools. The breakfast is included. It is basic but at least at the Hampton Inn they offer a couple of warm choices (such as scrambled eggs). Location is about the same. Both close to the shopping mails, one to each side.

I had the Spa room which as very big a nice. The bathroom is ageing a little bit, but I like shower (no-bath), and they had it. The spa bath tub is located next to the bed and I liked it. Different. Fairfield is more recent though.

If you are hesitating between the two, I would say to go where your loyalty resides. Hampton for Hilton and Fairfield for Marriott. As for me, I will still go to both depending on where the rates are better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond on TripAvisor in regards to your resent stay at the Muskegon Hampton Inn. Feedback from great guests such as your self helps us to improve and provide the excellent service that Hilton is known worldwide for.

Livonia, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our family (adult children) had a great time staying at the Hampton Inn Muskegon to attend a wedding in the area. Very clean and comfortable hotel. It is just off the main strip with many stores and restaurants. We enjoyed the pool and gathered in the lobby after the wedding to play a family game, which the boys ran up to Meijers and bought. My only complaint was that the room was a little dry...but it was the middle of winter and we had the room heater on. Great time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MuskegonHamptonInn, Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on TripAdvisor. I realize that your time is very important and we truly value your feedback. Guest feedback tells us what we’re doing right and where we have room to improve. We use guest feedback as training tools for our staff members. Thank you for the positive feedback. We strive for total guest satisfaction and it’s always nice when someone takes the time to tell us that we have successfully achieved that goal. If you have a specific team member of ours who really made an impression during your stay, or a “WOW” moment you want to share, please feel free to email me. I will be sure to share your comments with my team. Thank you again for your response, and we hope to see you again soon!
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed for business and never will again! Last choice later at night. I chose to stay and splurge a little on an upgrade to a king suite only to find dated bathroom with tiles that were chipped and just looked dirty. It was a Saturday when I stayed and the place was noisy! Finally complained (as in physically walked down to lobby) and told them about the loud people in the room next to me. The woman working didn't even ask what room I was in, she knew exactly who was being loud! Of course the noise never stopped and all I heard until I downloaded a noisemaker app and moved my head to the foot of the bed was a bunch of guys yelling profanity at each other! :-/ I can't entirely blame the hotel for this but further attempt to make sure I was happy would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: Don't stay on weekends!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We apologize for the noise and other inconveniences you had during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I sincerely apologize if the guests staying next to you were disruptive in any way and interrupted your rest. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our security team to make sure this does not occur again. In addition, I sincerely regret that you found our property to be somewhat dated and that your bathroom had chipped tiles and was unclean. We are going through a large renovation to update our bathrooms and public spaces. Our main priority is for our guests to have an exceptional stay with us and I apologize if we did not deliver this to you. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Been to Hampton Inn Muskegon? Share your experiences!