“Not too shabby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Muskegon
Chandler, Arizona
“Not too shabby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

It's a Hampton Inn, so don't expect luxury. It's clean, the employees were all very friendly and efficient and the free breakfast can't be beat. We actually stayed in one of their suites, it was quite roomywith a lovely large bathroom.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MuskegonHamptonInn, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the Guest Service Survey in regards to your resent stay at the Muskegon Hampton Inn. Feedback from great guests such as your self helps us to improve and provide the excellent service that Hilton is known worldwide for.

The management and staff at the Hampton Inn were very happy to hear you had a great stay! Thank you again for your feed back. We look forward to providing that same great service in the future!

Hospitably Yours,

Tara Mack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here the night before a day trip to Michigan's Adventure. It's conveniently right off the highway, which I was a little concerned about, but for one night, took the leap. I'm glad we did! We didn't hear any highway noise during our stay. Check in was quick and easy. We made some trips for a few incidentals to the nearby stores, which was helpful. The room and the rest of the hotel appeared very clean and well kept. The pool was a good size and the hot tub was nice. There were a lot of families there for the same reason we were, so it was nice to socialize. Pool towels is a bonus, so you don't have to ask for more towels in the room. May be something to consider if you're a family environment is not for you. Breakfast was very good, except the eggs tasted like they were made from a powdered mix or liquid, and the sausage was turkey sausage, which isn't my preference. But that's just my preferences. There was a nice variety and the breakfast area was very nicely kept. Parking was free and plentiful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Hospitably Yours,

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very expensive for Hampton type hotel and breakfast lacking compared to others of same grade. Look for alternative.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for informing me of your stay here at the Muskegon, Hampton Inn. I want to personally apologize for your unhappy experience at this hotel. We want all of our guests to have the best stay possible. I am sorry that thid was not your experience and the hotel did not live up to your expectations. You can be confident that I will follow-up on your concerns. Feedback from guests such as your self helps us to improve and provide the excellent service that Hilton is known worldwide for. I am sorry that this was your experience and I want to ensure that others are not disappointed in the same way.

I appreciate your making the effort to share your stay with us. We hope you will come back again.

Muskegon Hampton Inn
Pecatonica, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was very happy with this hotel. I got upgraded to a suie with a couch, fridge and microwave. This room was very big! The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed then. Indoor pool. The water was cool but not too cool.
The breakfast was good. They had a nice variety and the area was very organized.

Room Tip: There are four floors, the elevators are centrally located.The pool is on first floor near elevators...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is right beside the interstate, so a bit of road noise is expected. Never heard it in my room. Normal Hampton inn fair. Breakfast has a good selection. Beds were comfy. Room was clean. Great stay.

• Stayed June 2012
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

We booked a room thru Priceline for the Hampton Inn Muskegon for a Saturday night in June. We received a confirmation that a room was available and my credit card was charged. When we arrived, the front desk said it had my reservation but that they had no room available - sorry. I asked if they could check again or help me in anyway and the two people at the front desk said no. I left and called Priceline who said they would check into it but that most likely the hotel was overbooked. I called and made a reservation at another hotel and checked in. About an hour later I got a call from Priceline saying that there was a cancellation at the Hampton Inn and I could now have a room. Since I had already booked into another hotel - I did not stay there. This was very inconvenient and I found the hotel staff extremely unhelpful. I have never been "bumped" from a hotel room before - beware of this practice at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Muskegon, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced a nonstandard situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in area you will consider staying at our hotel and experience our true Hamptonality.

Traverse City, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was in Muskegon for a wedding and I am glad the wedding party chose this hotel. The rooms were big with king sized beds, couches, fridges, microwaves and big bathrooms and the location is nice. The staff was very very nice aka Jennifer at night! She hooked us up!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Muskegon? Share your experiences!