“The entrance (pictured) is the nicest part of this place” 1 of 5 stars

A Victory Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2967 Henry Street, Muskegon, MI 49441   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Muskegon
Northern Michigan
“The entrance (pictured) is the nicest part of this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place was probably very nice many years ago, but it has been let go. Floors, counters, walls, lamps and tables dirty and/or in disrepair. The bottom of the door was probably more than an inch from the ground so we could hear EVERYTHING outside the door. There seemed to be a lot of questionable people "hanging around" all day, and I was very uncomfortable being there alone, especially hauling belongings from my car to the room and back.
I booked based on reading some decent reviews of the place and I am sorry that I did!
Elevator out of order and pool completely drained and out of use. The "free continental breakfast" was a joke, and the wi-fi was in and out.
The service checking in was very good but the following day (of check out), I had to leave the room for a while in the morning and there was no "do not disturb" sign to put on the door. When I called the desk to request that no one come in the room he couldn't give me a straight answer.
I checked the sheets as soon as I arrived (the one area I will not compromise on) and they seemed clean enough. I had booked on Expedia so I couldn't exactly change my mind at this point and request a refund.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra buck and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure why all of the bad reviews on here, but my experience was pleasant. I stayed June 27-31 and have NO complaints. The pool is out of service bc they are currently remodeling it. The wall paper could be re-done. Other than those things, the staff was VERY HELPFUL and nice. Anything I asked, they were very quick to help with. The breakfast was decent with plenty of milk. They went out of their way to keep me in my room when I extended my stay two extra days. I also got the entire weekend for WELL over HALF the rates of every other hotel I called. Next time I am in Muskegon, I will be staying in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. My family and I had booked it for 1 night just because all of the rooms in Grand Haven were taken and this was what we could get. As soon as we got there, there were at least 5 cars out front blasting explicit music and a couple fighting right infront of the door. The hotel also has this policy of you only have 15 minutes to check your room for anything unsatisfying which is about the amount of time it takes to eat up to your room. The elevator is an absolute death trap and barely works. Our room was filthy and the blankets had unidentifiable stain marks all over it and our floor remakes of marijuana. Do not recommend anyone ever staying here.

• Stayed June 2013
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

The last time i was here was the week of 02/04/2013. The heater did not work at all. It would just blow in cold air from the outside. The alarm clock on night stand was not even plugged in. Good thing the alarm on my watch worked. There was dust underneath the bed. It looked like it was about 1/4 of an inch thick. So that dust must have been there for awhile. There was also a dirty sock underneath the bed. The water in shower was not hot, but more like a cool/warm feeling. Another bad thing was the front desk girl one morning. I went to tell her that there was no milk in the breakfast room and she just shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well, sorry".

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevator.
Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Great for the night, an old hotel being updated. Be sure you book at hotels.com for a better rate than we paid. I would stay again just to sleep. The front desk agents were as kind as can be. Breakfast ok, coffee excellent. Great interior doors, car safe parking lot. Had a towel rack built by our uncle in 1950 plaza Towl Holder. Funny, have not seen one in years

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!