“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS PLACE.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of A Victory Inn & Suites

You added A Victory Inn & Suites to your Saves list
A Victory Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2967 Henry Street, Muskegon, MI 49441   |
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Muskegon
Saginaw, Michigan
“Worst Hotel I have ever stayed in. DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS PLACE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have stayed in grungy hotel before but this was by far the worst. First of all, the pool and sauna didn't work, and it had been for some time before. It stunk really bad also. When we first got into the elevator, we were afraid that we would be stuck in it. It was small and half of the buttons didn't work. We were placed on the 4th floor so we had to go down and up the stairs so many times. I felt gross when I was eating the continental breakfast because the tiny room was not clean. The only good thing was the AC and the TV. They also only gave us one towel and washcloth in the bathroom when there were two beds. We were supposed to stay for two nights, but we left in the morning which upset the girl at the front desk. The girl that served us most of the time was horrible. She would be gone for 20 minutes "stuck in the elevator." This happened at least 3 times. Other adults agreed that she was off for her own "pleasure." She dressed horribly too. We talked to the waitress and Pizza Hut the next day and she said that the hotel was owned by crackheads. It all made sense then. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Battle Creek, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I booked this hotel 3 weeks in advance but went to check in just last weekend. The price was reasonable and they took my AAA discount. Upon arriving, everything seemed nice. Then we walked into our room. Broken furniture, filthy bathroom, no phone, tv remote batteries dead, and spider webs with tons of spider eggs all over the curtains! Not to mention the pool had been down since January and we had 3 kids wanting to swim. I immediately went to the front desk and demanded a refund. The girl at the counter took me to 3 other rooms-all of which were similar to the one we were in. She then called the manager who granted us a refund but he did not even want to know why. Are you kidding?! The clerk clearly saw our frustatration (having 3 kids in tow that were wiped out from Michigan's Adventure) and decided to call a couple of other nearby hotels for us. We ended up at the Baymont and it was fabulous! Hot breakfast, awesome room and great pool. It cost us about $30 more, but it was worth it. Another little tidbit that we learned after we left the Victory Inn.....it was where the last Muskegon murder had taken place. OMG! GLAD WE LEFT!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Attended Muskegon Bike Time. The rude blonde punk at the front desk . He was so disrespectful to us and other customers. The other receptionist at the desk didn't even get up off her butt to acknowledge I walked up to the front desk. As for the continental breakfast the same girl was asked if there was anymore coffee and her response was , you mean there's none . She never even got up to make more or even check if the pots were out. They also gouge me for double the price of the regular rate , just because there was a big event. I would have stayed somewhere else if any other place was available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Liberty, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The elevator was broken. the pool was out of order. The furniture was falling apart (entertainment center/chifferrobe had a back that was falling off). The internet did not work the first two days we were there. The rooms were NOT remodeled. The AC was off in the hallways. There were two toasters plugged into a power strip that blew any time more than one set of slots was being used on the toasters. We had to ask for milk at the front desk for the cereal. Here is the web site. The front desk was manned about half the time by one person. The carpet was not swept before we got there. We asked that it be vacuumed and they only swept between the beds. The rooms were not recently renovated as stated on the web site. Oh, I could go on but that is a start!!

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

If I could rate lower I would.Not worth the money at all. Both elevators were broken. Ice machine broken. The halls were dirty and smelly. They said pool was under renovation, but I don't belive they have any intention of fixing it, Customer service sucked, half of the time when I called down there was no answer the other half they would not help with my complaint. We hated it. Take my advise if you have the money, pay the extra buck and go somewhere else. This place was horrible.

FARMINGTON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We made a two night reservation at this hotel (ugh) for a week end baseball tournament. Upon arrival late Friday night we were given a room and immediately after opening the door we were disgusted. There were dead bugs all over the tiled floors with a nest under the sink. The carpeting and bedding were filthy. There was dust an inch thick on the entertainment center and drapes. We complained and were given a choice of two other rooms. One had the wallpaper peeling off the wall, dust covered and dirty again, and the door was damaged as if someone had try to break into the room. The third room at least had clean sheets but was still dusty and the knobs and trim were broken off the furniture. We tried to get a room elsewhere but it was after 11 PM on a Friday night and we had no success. We ended up staying the night but checked out before 7 AM the next morning. Needless to day we did not try the continental breakfast. I wanted to contact their corporate offices to lodge a complaint but could not get a number or e-mail anywhere. This establishment should be closed down and power washed. Newly renovated--what a joke.

Room Tip: Do not even think about staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at Victory Inn after spending the day at Michigan Adventure Water Park and it was the cheapest hotel we could find, only 70$ for the night!! It was a little nerve racking knowing that just a block away was the hood with one of the biggest crime rates in Michigan. When we first looked at reviews they weren't too bad, but when I looked once we got to the hotel I was a little taken back. My stay would have been much better without reading reviews because then I was just paranoid and couldn't sleep. As for our room it was clean as far as we could tell, all we did was slept there, the pillows were very thin along with the sheets and the air conditioner was very loud. We didn't use the shower because we were a little worried about it from the reviews and I am not quite sure if the toilet was cleaned from the people before us. The hotel was very outdated with the decorations, but would have been beautiful in its time. The biggest bummer was we wanted to swim and the pool was closed for repair. The people at the desk were friendly the times we talked to them. So if you need it just for the night it is not the worst place you can find, but the area around was a little scary and the stuff in the room (blankets) were not the best quality.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to A Victory Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!