“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Muskegon, KOA

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Muskegon
Muskegon, KOA
You added Muskegon, KOA to your Saves list
3500 Strand Road, Muskegon, MI 49445   |
Sterling Heights
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Just got home from staying in a cabin for 2 nights. I was honestly a bit nervous after reading some of the bad reviews on this campground, but took a chance as it was so close to Michigan Adventure. The campground exceeded my expectations- the staff was very friendly and accomodating, the sites were clean, the bathrooms were clean as well - not one of those campground bathrooms that you leave the shower feeling dirtier than you entered! Had a blast with families camping nearby. We loved the jumping pillow and rolling log. My only complaint would be the water depth which the inflatable water slide is located, as the lake is deep where it is located making it difficult for my 6 year old to enjoy. Overall, we had a great experience and hope to return next summer!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We liked this campground a lot. They were very conscientious about picking up garbage and keeping the sites clean. Our 8 year old made friends and had a blast with the bikes, jumping pillow and playground and it's super close to the amusement park. We'll definitely be going back next year. The staff was nice, the restrooms were cleaned daily and I liked that there was a dish-washing station at the bathroom near the cabins. I would recommend the package, it saved us at least $30 in amusement park tickets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Norton Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was there on the last weekend of the 2013 season. The owner went out of his way to make sure my stay was above average. He was so friendly that I felt like I have known him for years! Clean rest rooms and sites. The store was low on items but it was the last day! I have stayed here before and never had nothing but fine service and great camping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Joliet, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

It was way too loud, way too crowded and there were way too many inconsiderate people. Not clean at all. They picked up our garbage 5 minutes after we got there like they had nothing better to do. If you stay there, bring earplugs! They also wouldn't let my 16 year old son get me a cup of coffee.

• Stayed August 2013
Grand Rapids, MI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I did not stay but had family in several different campsites. As a visitor I can tell you that I will NEVER camp there nor recommend anyone camp there. I was at the campground a total of 1 hour - enough time for a short visit, pick up family and head to Michigan's Adventure. 10 minutes after my arrival, the owner approached my vehicle that held my teenage son and his friend to start complaining that they did not check in at the front desk and pay the $3 per person visitor fee. I was in the restroom (which was disgusting and certainly not big enough for the amount of campers) at the time and walked up on the situation. I explained I was not aware of the need to stop at the front desk or that there was designated parking across the road. I also explained that I was there to pick up some family to head to the park and would only be there for a short time and wasn't returning after. He was less than pleasant to everyone around. I am surprised this campground is still in business and it is a shame that he carries the KOA brand. I have stayed at several KOA's in my life and have never been treated as poorly as this one. I do NOT recommend ANYONE stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
East Lansing, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We just got back from staying at this campground over the weekend, and well, we hadn't even MADE it to the campsite before we were regretting choosing this location for a family gathering. We had rented a campsite and two cabins, and had carpooled together. The owner himself "greeted" us, and he wouldn't even let us explain that we had multiple sites before he started yelling at us that we had too many people. We didn't have too many people though! It seemed to beyond his comprehension that people may carpool and have multiple reservations in the same vehicle. From there, he started yelling at my brother who was walking over to help my dad pull the RV into our campsite. If the owner cannot show more respect for his guests, he is in the wrong industry! The problem is that the KOA name saves him; people book relying on the name alone and are unaware of what the experience will actually be like. Should have read the reviews beforehand that said to beware of the owner, because our experience was 100% in line with those reviews.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been to several campsites but this is the worst place ever! There was no activities for kids except the slides near- the lake.The sites are so small compared to other campsites and the location are by far nowhere.The girl at the front desk was nice but the other staff outside are so rude.The manager Steve, staff Chris needs to undergo anger management & in service about customer service!!! The Restroom at the office are horrible.It needs complete remodelling.For 3 days we stayed there did not see anyone clean the restroom.The floor was so filthy, smelly, bugs & spider web!!!The only nice about this place is it's near Michigan Adventure!Otherwise if you want to have some fun especially for your kids go somewhere else! We have 9 families who stayed here but unsatisfied and not happy about the place and the management!! We could have left the first day but there was no refund so decided to stay!!!This was the first and last that we'll come to this place!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Muskegon, KOA? Share your experiences!