“Port City Fairfield” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Muskegon
Germantown, Tennessee
“Port City Fairfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a well run, well staffed inn. Rooms are well laid out and kept in excellent condition. Very close to The Lakes Mall, restaurants and points of interest. Complimentary breakfast is very good. Recently updated rooms and free Wifi. The staff is as good as it get.

Room Tip: Lower, ground level on the East side are the best, quieter, and cooler on hot days.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FairfieldMKGNS, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Glad to hear you had a great stay! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Farmington, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Enjoyed an excellent weekend at the Muskegon Irish Music Festival, and the stay at the Fairfield (about 9 miles from downtown Muskegon) was a surprising pleasure. Recently redecorated and very well kept, this hotel exceeded our expectations. The continental breakfast, including breakfast sandwiches and waffles, was offered in a pleasant, clean dining area. The staff was friendly and clearly interested in satisfying visitors. Parking is ample, and the hotel is adjacent to a wide variety of shopping and dining. The drive to downtown Muskegon was direct, taking about 15 minutes. While I would not choose a whirlpool room again (late-night noise from other whirlpools filling), I would not hesitate to book a room here for my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in a whirlpool room, and while it was great for soaking tired old bones, it did get very n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking time to give us great feedback! The whirlpool tubs are great...especially after a long day playing in Muskegon. I hope it was worth the wait!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for a wedding. Loved the hotel. I am a big fan of the Marriott brand and this hotel did not let me down. Really nice and clean room. I was in a King Suite. Lots of room and looked brand new. I did not go to MI adventure on this trip, but have been. Its close to MI adventure. Nice breakfast. At night they have a ton of places to go out and grab a meal. Lots of stores to shop at and spend your time. I don't think you could find a better hotel in the area. The staff was also very helpful.

Room Tip: I was in Room 320, it's a king suite. Nice room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am glad you choose the Fairfield Inn when here to celebrate such a great occassion! Thanks for the positive feedback. Michigan Adventure opens again in eight months(and yes, we do count the days), we would love to see you again!
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I usually stay at Marriotts but not Fairfield Inns. They are nice and clean, but I prefer to have a restaurant nearby and other amenities. I was pleasantly surprised by this location. The hotel is spotless. The rooms are very nice, new, fresh, and well kept. But here is the kicker...the staff from TOP TO BOTTOM is amazing. I travel a lot and rarely do I get greeted by the custodians, housekeeping, front desk staff, and anyone else who works there. Every time I passed a housekeeper in the hall, I was asked if I was enjoying my stay and if I needed anything. The custodian road the elevator with me and asked the same thing...even asked if there was anything HE could do to make it a better stay. The front desk staff accommodated my late checkout request without blinking, and everyone was just flat-out nice. You cannot beat that. If you're in this area, do yourself a favor and stay here. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I was traveling with two others who were all happy with their rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy that you found the staff here as wonderful as I think they are. They are great, and I am so glad that reflected in your stay! Hopefully we will see you again soon!
Neenah, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

From the carpet to the sinks. Everything is well designed and pleasing to the eye. Clean, spacious and very comfortable. Staff is best anywhere. If people make the hotel this one is a five star. Lovely city and lovely stay. Can walk to shopping. All food close. This was a great choice for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neenahite
Hopefully now we will be your first choice everytime. The hotel just completed a full renovation last year...and there is more to come next year. Hopefully we will see you then!
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Took the family out to Muskegon for a 2 day trip to Michigan's Adventure. There aren't any good options immediately around the amusement park so I chose this location primarily because I'm a big Marriott Rewards user.

Staff was outstanding. Very polite and professional. The property was very clean, modern and decently appointed for a Fairfield. The only drawback was that out room w/ two double beds was relatively small.

Free breakfast, free wifi, and only 20 minutes from the park.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards member! We appreciate the business. Hopefully we will see you again when Michigan's Adventure opens next year!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On a whim we decided to go see a band we like who was performing at Dockers in Muskegon. We like Marriott properties, so we booked the Fairfield Inn hoping it would be as good as most Fairfield Inns. It was very nice! We were allowed to check into our room early which gave us some extra time to explore Muskegon State Park before heading over to Dockers. After a pleasant overnight stay, we enjoyed their complimentary breakfast in a clean dining room with a large flatscreen TV. It is located a bit outside of town in a shopping area, so if that is your thing you will be happy. All-in-all we could not have asked for more for what we were looking for - a nice, clean, friendly place to stay in Muskegon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muskegon
Shoreline Inn & Conference Center, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
BEST WESTERN Beacon Inn
BEST WESTERN Beacon Inn
#1 of 6 in Grand Haven
4.5 of 5 stars 274 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores? Share your experiences!