“Perfect walking trail” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 39 things to do in Muskegon
28 attraction reviews
“Perfect walking trail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been walking this path almost every day. I usually go half way starting in North Muskegon then head back. Its a nice scenic path and way prettier than walking along the highway. I'll keep walking until ice prevents me from doing so.

Visited October 2013

Lima, Ohio, USA
“Just the right length”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We loved the scenic ride along the lake. There were large swings for adults to stop and enjoy. There was another perch for several people to sit and watch a sunset. The lake was filled with sailboats and the large marinas we rode past were busy. We also rode through a large park. Great afternoon ride with lots to see!

Visited September 2013
New Albany, Indiana, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Great way to see the lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I rented bikes at the Muskegon Visitors Center and hopped on the bike trail right across the street from the center. It was drizzling when we started but I am glad we persevered because it was a very fun morning! I hadn't been on a bike in about 20 years so the gloomy weather gave me a bit of time to acclimate not in the view of others, but even once the sun came out we mostly had the path to ourselves. The path has some lovely areas and views. From where we started we went probably 2 1/2 to 3 miles lakeside until we had to go up to Lakeshore Dr.-because of my inexperience we turned around and headed back the way we came and went an additional 2 or 3 miles to the nature preserve. Lots of fun! My only complaint was that the Visitors Center didn't really have a very good, clear map of the bike trail. And as travelers we could have used one.

Visited August 2013
11 attraction reviews
“Bike or Walk... This is a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We have started biking with our kids, ages 7 & 2. We biked down to Grand Trunk landing at the corner of Lakeshore dr & McCraken! We were absolutely amazed at the beautiful sights from the beginning! There is so much to see along the trail. We stopped to swing on the benches. We rode down to Heritage landing before heading back. We stopped at Fricano's to eat one of their yummy pizzas outside on the picnic table. Then a sweet treat of ice cream from Pinchtown market. Then heading back we saw a mama deer and her 3 little babies! Such an amazing sight! Lots of other families biking, couples walking, & people walking their dogs. Lots of gardens. Natural beauty! My daughter must of thanked me 20x for bringing her. If your visiting, bring your bikes! The trail goes all the way to North Muskegon. Plenty of fabulous places to stop along the way. Max & Marleys Restaurant would've been our normal stop but they were closed. Best Hot dogs around. Lakeside Emporium brings you back to your childhood with fun candies and treats! The sunset was amazing. I can't believe I have lived here so long without checking it out.
Perfect for families
Perfect date night
Just perfect

Visited August 2013
Marshalltown, Iowa
“Nicely paved 8 mile trail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We parked in the lot across from Rite-Aid and were able to hop on the bike path right by our car. It's a nice easy ride on a newly paved trail. The 8 miles is a bit short but the benches along the way provide a nice view of the lake.

Visited June 2013