“The best pork out there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Porkys House

Porkys House
Iglesia La Recoleccion 2 c al Norte , Esquina opuesta al centro del color | Del parque San Juan 1 c al Oeste, Leon 64840, Nicaragua
+(505)23113784
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 52 Restaurants in Leon
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill, Cuban, Central American
“The best pork out there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Went twice. Really, really good both times. Fantastic pulled pork for lunch, and full side of Cuban pork for dinner the next day - also superb.

What I really liked about Leon was the excellent places to hang out and the warm, unpretentious atmosphere. See my other reviews. This really had that, and the food was just knockout. Might have been six stars if they'd had no TV!

Sydney
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Amazing lechon cubano, which comes with yuca, salad, and a fantastically garlicky sauce. The meat is so tender, with beautifully crispy skin. (This is not a place for vegetarianos!) Huge portion, and $27 Toña to wash it down (ie, far from gouging on prices of accompaniments, this is actually cheaper than you'll find elsewhere).

Friendly staff including the owner/boss, who was sitting out front doing some paperwork, and who really cares that folks have a good meal here. This is easily the best run establishment I've experienced in León so far.

Vancouver, Washington, United States
“My picky husband loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

On my husband's last trip to Leon he ate here 3 nights running and came home raving about it. I think this might have been the highlight of his trip and he had a lot to choose from. He has been to Nicaragua about 16 times so he has eaten out a lot but none of the restaurants has caught his attention like this one. He tends to be a picky eater and while in Nica he eats a lot of things out of his comfort zone he never really gets excited about much so when he told me about this place it must have stood out. Next time I am there I will have to try it.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious Cuban Sandwich, Friendly Service, RECOMMENDED”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I really loved my Cuban with mayo on the side. Came with fries too. Yum! Had an orange juice and the sandwich/fries, reasonably priced and nice, courteous service. Friendly. No English but no attitude - just the way I like it. I had an appointment across the street and only 30 minutes to eat lunch but no problem. Try Porkys!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I learned of porkys house from the owners of frankly the best hotel I have ever visited, the Flor de Sarta which is less than a block away. While I was on a solo trip through Nicaragua, I visited Leon for three nights. I ate here the first night and I was hooked. The food is great. The pork is amazing. Think of a thick juicy steak full of flavor and character, but now imagine that is pork not beef. The second night I had the bbq ribs after they were recommended by some local expats. Amazing! I never thought I would go to Nicaragua to find the best cuban food I have ever had. I loved this place, the hotel, and the city...a great combination

Visited April 2014