“Not what the reviews say” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Harvest House Nicaragua

Harvest House Nicaragua
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leon
Harvest House Nicaragua
1.5 blocks North of the Park of San Juan, Leon 00000, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #9 of 27 Leon B&B and Inns
“Not what the reviews say”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

After the great reviews we were very disappointed. Room was small and depressingly dark. I hit my head walking into the bathroom as it was built for midgets.
The kitchen was okay but crawling with ants.
We left after one night- much better places available for similar price.

• Stayed January 2013

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I had a wonderful experience staying at the harvest house in Leon! The house was everything I hoped for and more! I was staying in Leon for three months on a quest to study Spanish and immerse myself into the culture, this house was a great choice for that. I found this house on the Internet while I was still in the U.S. and contacted the owner (Jason) about availability of an empty room. He assured me that there would be a room available for me when I arrived and offered to arrange a taxi for me when I landed in Managua. This is very important when arriving in a strange city/country.From the moment I landed in Nicaragua until the day I left I was well taken care of and the owner of the house goes the extra mile to show great hospitality towards his guest.The location of the house is awesome because it is on a quiet street and within walking distance to a very large market, center of town, movie theater, ect. The rooms are very large and clean, the beds are comfortable, and a nice garden and Papaya tree inside the house. I highly recommend this house if you are staying in Leon for any length of time!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Harvest house, and the Rustic House next door, run by Jason are a fantastic place to base yourself if staying in León for any amount of time.
My partner and I stayed for 6 weeks in the Rustic House, where we very quickly slipped into a very comfortable lifestyle. As the name suggests the Rustic house runs on a theme of rustic charm. The furniture is simple and attractive timber, the bedrooms are huge, and the people friendly. Jason has done a great job in setting up a comfortable place to stay, with fast internet, a great kitchen, bedrooms with ensuite (shared between 2 rooms) and rocking chairs to relax in true León style.
For anyone wanting to stay in León or Nicaragua for any length of time I cant recommend Harvest House and the Rustic House more!!
Thanks Jason for a great place to call home, my only regret is that I had to leave.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santiago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I satyed at Harvest House for almost three months and it ended up feeling like our home and oasis, literaly for the little garden in the middle of the house is a great relaxing feature, specially while enjoying the morning coffee. Althoug the house is situated by a fairly bussy road it's not noisy. The rooms are clean and neat. I must say Juanita ( The cleaning lady) is just a lovely person and an asset to the house. The atmosphere in general is one of friendliness, among the guest and specially from the owner Jason, you just know he wants the best for his guests. The house is close to a local colourful market which is good for buying fresh fruits. I would recomend anyone who is travelling to Leon to stay at Harvest House, a true oasis in Leon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Örebro, Örebro Län, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Harvest house really offers anything you could ask for when staying long-term in a city like León.
In the house you have big private rooms, clean well-equipped kitchen, good (by nicaraguan standards awesome) wifi, comfy rocking-chairs (amazing!) in nicely decorated living rooms.
The location is central but still not on the busiest street and close to a big market and a lot of small food stores.
Since most people are staying long-term you get a good chance to meet and get to know a lot of really nice people. While I was staying we often went out for dinner together and if you want to make a weekend trip you're likely to find someone who wants to tag along. I made a lot of good friends here.
The owner of the house Jason, really make an effort to be a good host and make sure that everyone staying are having a good time.
If I went back to León, this would be my place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Cannot say one bad word about the place. You get used to a general lack of profesional standards while in Nicaragua, but this place is anything but. The owner Jason makes the ultimate effort to ensure that the house is constantly in tiptop shape in terms of cleanliness and safety. It makes the adjustment period considerably easier. This is place is really ideal for someone who wants to settle down in Leon for a prolong stay and avoid the cloistered feeling of a hostel. That said, it is a social atmosphere of a mix crowd. While staying there, I have to say that everyone got on really well. Just a really positive atmosphere that makes Leon all the more special!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Grecia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

After residing here for almost 6 months, it was certainly an adventure. Unlike most hotels, hostels, and B&Bs, you just "come and go" here, the name Harvest house is a good name, as I'm not sure why but everyone just seems to talk amongst each other, and a very welcoming atmosphere is created!! The time just flies by, and you look back and wonder where it has gone....I recommend this place for anyone staying or need to stay in or around the Leon area, and you will see why it's a Home away from Home feeling!!! Hope you enjoy your stay as much as I enjoyed mine @ the Harvest House in Leon Nicaragua...THANK YOU JASON and to all the GREAT friends I had a chance to meet, Jaci, Nikki, Chris, and Dorein and a few others whom I cannot recall their names but they know who they are :)

Tom

Room Tip: The private rooms are huge !!! Only reason I gave a 4 on Location is it is on the other side of Leon...