“Volcano Boarding w/Big Foot” 5 of 5 stars

Cerro Negro Volcano Sandboarding Tour from Managua
Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Leon
Type: Volcanos, Outdoors
Olten
“Volcano Boarding w/Big Foot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Volcano Boarding was fun and a well orgnaized trip by the big foot hostel. Their boards seemed to work better (faster) than the ones from another group before us. aslo they bring a speed pistol to rank the speed of all participants and offer a cool beer on the truck ride back to leon. only minus is the condition of their overall suits to protect your body on the ride.

Visited October 2012

“View from the top of the World (sort of)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We did a "tour" but we had our own vehicle so we really just needed the guide and the equipment. We arranged for the boards to be at the park center (where you pay your entrance fee) and we took backpacks with our protective gear and the guide to the volcano. (we we a little cramped in the car with all of our stuff, I suggested the one of the guys we talked to about the trip that maybe we could strap the guide to the roof of the car. He didn't even blink and told me "only once you are out of town, you get fine for doing that in town...")
The hike up was supposed to be "45 minutes or so depending on you physical ability" which we took to mean an hour and a half for 5 overweight overage gringos. In fact we made it to the slide point in exactly 45 minutes. We dropped our gear and walked around the rim for some views and some photos. Stunning, all the way around.
When it came time to suit up the guide asked who had the bag with the goggles...Well, we didn't know there was a bag with goggles...Sliding down a mountain made of cinders without eyeprotection did NOT sound like a good idea. When the guide realized we were considering human sacrifice in the (live) volcano he decided to go back for the bag. I gave him the car keys and he took off running down the volcano. In 4 minutes he was out of site. After a total of 30 minutes he reappeared with the bag of goggles...I was impressed. Good to be 26 and heathy...
By the time we did the slide it was fairly anti-climactic. There is a learning curve that we were on the wrong side of. I am sure if i did it again I could get more speed. As it was I submarined the board several times and it wasn't until I was on the REAAAALLLLY steep part that I got up any kind of speed.
I will definitely do it again.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
“Casual Hike, Interesting Volcano”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The Volcano is pretty cool and the slide down is rather awesome. The only problem is you get to go down once. The other slight issue is that the equipment is a bit dated. The iguana farm right next to the entrance is interesting as well.

Visited December 2011
Saskatoon, Canada
10 attraction reviews
“fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

1hour hike great views active volcano and board or sled down a volcano just great would do it again watching the guide run down also looks fun

Visited November 2011
Fremantle, Australia
28 attraction reviews
“Bucket List Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Visited Cerro Negro, what an experiance, had a group of 21 people and we all felt butterflies in our stomach...ventured around the peak of the summit carrying our boards and suits.....this is one of my highlights I have done off my bucket list.
Highly Reccomended