“So glad you asked!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Munising to your Saves list
Days Inn Munising
M-28 East, PO Box 403, Munising, MI 49862   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Munising

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this motel on October 10/11/12 because our usual spot didn't have any availability. Guess we got lucky and didn't have a negative experience as some others have noted. We did pay more than we intended because we were offered a large room on the first floor in the back that had previously been the owner's residence. It was a huge spacious room with overhead fan and a gas fireplace. The manager was delightful and even helped us unload our bags as she gave us a history of the room. We didn't use the pool or hot tub and felt the breakfast - while everything was fresh and replenished by a friendly staffer while we were eating - could have offered more items. If you need the usual rotating waffle machine, you won't get that here. Also there is no coffee machine in the breakfast room but it's only a few steps to the lobby. All in all our experience was a very pleasant one, our room, as well as the bathroom, was very clean. Because we had traveled long that day, we ordered take out from the restaurant in front and had it delivered. If our other favorite is full, we definitely will stay here again.

BAY CITY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Service & location were great. The room was nice & spacious. My favorite thing was the pool/hot tub and least favorite was the poor lighting in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was disappointed in this hotel. This is the first time we have stayed at a Days Inn. I had asked for a second floor room. I am a light sleeper and I find a second floor room quieter than a first floor one and we like to open the windows a little at night and I would absolutely not do that on a first floor. We arrived and they they had put us in a room in back on the hotel on the first floor. It was a very strange room because we had to go through the office to get to the front of the hotel. I asked her why did they put us in this room when I had requested a second floor one and she said "I don't know whoever reserved the room just put you in that room." And, she said, "there is no one above you. The hotel was not at all full, but since I had already unpacked we just stayed where we were because I thought no one was above us. That was wrong. At night we heard this running of water, it was so noisy that we thought it was raining heavily outside. I sounded like it was coming in. We looked out and there was no rain. I couldn't figure out what the noise was because it sounded like it was coming from upstairs. The next morning I asked the person at the desk what that noise could have been and (this women was there, but a man who I assumed was the manager, was also there) and the women said she didn't know because there was no room above us. The gentleman said there was a room above us and it was probably the whirlpool in the room making the noise from the jets and the amount of water it took to fill the tub and then to drain it.

I can't believe that a person did not even know there was a room above us and kept telling us there was not. She didn't even apologize for this and the noise we had to put up with the night before.

Also, one of the lights was out in the bathroom and I thought that when the maid service went in to clean, she would notice and replace the bulb, but it didn't happen.

We also went into the pool and the hot tub and I came right out. The hot tub did not seem to have any chlorine in it and it had scum around the inside of the hot tub. You could see it and when I put my finger on it, the scum came off.

Sandie & Glen Rostek

OAKLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very stuffy room with no outside window overlooking enclosed pool. Very dark.

Several rooms opening onto pool so no privacy from swimmers.

MACOMB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were glad the motel was updated from our past stays.Our room was comfortable and clean.We did get the outside window I requested. Our only suggestions were to include a railing by the back entrance as most guests use this entrance to bring luggage from their cars-a ramp would also help=and we were told we would be given a discount for staying more than 3 days.It wasnt on our bill but a later call to the desk promised a correction to our Visa.We will be back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Munising? Share your experiences!