“Accommodations and staff” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Munising
A TripAdvisor Member
“Accommodations and staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was disappointed in this hotel. This is the first time we have stayed at a Days Inn. I had asked for a second floor room. I am a light sleeper and I find a second floor room quieter than a first floor one and we like to open the windows a little at night and I would absolutely not do that on a first floor. We arrived and they they had put us in a room in back on the hotel on the first floor. It was a very strange room because we had to go through the office to get to the front of the hotel. I asked her why did they put us in this room when I had requested a second floor one and she said "I don't know whoever reserved the room just put you in that room." And, she said, "there is no one above you. The hotel was not at all full, but since I had already unpacked we just stayed where we were because I thought no one was above us. That was wrong. At night we heard this running of water, it was so noisy that we thought it was raining heavily outside. I sounded like it was coming in. We looked out and there was no rain. I couldn't figure out what the noise was because it sounded like it was coming from upstairs. The next morning I asked the person at the desk what that noise could have been and (this women was there, but a man who I assumed was the manager, was also there) and the women said she didn't know because there was no room above us. The gentleman said there was a room above us and it was probably the whirlpool in the room making the noise from the jets and the amount of water it took to fill the tub and then to drain it.

I can't believe that a person did not even know there was a room above us and kept telling us there was not. She didn't even apologize for this and the noise we had to put up with the night before.

Also, one of the lights was out in the bathroom and I thought that when the maid service went in to clean, she would notice and replace the bulb, but it didn't happen.

We also went into the pool and the hot tub and I came right out. The hot tub did not seem to have any chlorine in it and it had scum around the inside of the hot tub. You could see it and when I put my finger on it, the scum came off.

Sandie & Glen Rostek

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
OAKLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very stuffy room with no outside window overlooking enclosed pool. Very dark.

Several rooms opening onto pool so no privacy from swimmers.

MACOMB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were glad the motel was updated from our past stays.Our room was comfortable and clean.We did get the outside window I requested. Our only suggestions were to include a railing by the back entrance as most guests use this entrance to bring luggage from their cars-a ramp would also help=and we were told we would be given a discount for staying more than 3 days.It wasnt on our bill but a later call to the desk promised a correction to our Visa.We will be back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

SAULT STE MARIE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Good value..professional staff...good breakfast selection. The location was ideal for restaurants,shopping.

SANDY HOOK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

A little over priced for the quality of the room. Check in service was great. Very helpfull.
However the location was good.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is one of the Best Day's Inn in the Country and we have stayed in quite a few. Their was a Lazy Boy type chair for enjoying the TV. Clean rooms and very friendly staff. No pets was only the neg side.. if you have one. Some of the Days Inn my wife and I have stayed in have a "crappy" so called cont breakfest... Not here as we had eggs, sausage, cheese, hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. Very comfortable beds and pillows in a quiet setting. We will be back if in the area again.

Room Tip: We had a cheaper rate by not going online from 77 to 65. South rooms are quieter as they are facing...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Petoskey, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a problem with the Super 8 not letting us keep a mountain bike in the room so we checked into the Days Inn. They were VERY accomodating and friendly.

The beds were brand new and very comfortable. Some of the furnishings maybe could use a little updating, but overall very clean and comfortable.

Their pool was AMAZING as was their hot tub. They even gave us late checkout so my boyfriend could shower after his mountain bike race =)

Room Tip: We had a great time at Days Inn
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Munising? Share your experiences!