“the beer is good, the menu meh” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 20 restaurants in Munising
Cuisines: American
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“the beer is good, the menu meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had some great beer, limited menu on Sundays. "health food" at a brewpub just seems wrong. nothing fried.

Visited August 2013

45% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Shouldn't a restaurant serve food?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I showed up at about 8pm on a Thursday night during the August high season. There were about 4 locals in there and nobody else. This was a bad sign. The bartender informed me that the kitchen was closed! All of the signage around town advertising this as a restaurant, and there was nobody here and no food either. Oh well, I enjoy sampling local brews...so I ordered a blueberry wheat (one of the whopping 3 microbrews on tap). I was $4, flat and just not very good. Maybe I just happened to show up on the one night the kitchen was closed and the beer was flat, but I tend to doubt it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Michigan
“brick oven pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stopped in here for their Brick oven pizza that they make on Sundays. Delicious, individual size pizzas for $5 a piece. What a bargain!

Visited August 2013
Canada
“Horrible Service, Horrible Beer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stopped in here on a sunny Friday night. The place was fairly busy but not full. We sat for a while while the surly waitress went by obviously trying not to make eye contact. We got up to leave because there were no menus and we wanted to eat. Nobody was eating, that should have been a clue. She saw us leaving and for some reason we asked if they served food and she said "Yes" and went to the kitchen to get us cheap one page menus with half the food crossed off.

We sat back down, unfortunately. We were two couples. We ordered beers to start she brought them. Two of us ordered their Blueberry Ale. We got some awful, tepid almost clear flat liquid with blueberries poured into the glasses. They were like sewer water. We looked around at other tables and they had actualy beer, with a head and a wheat beer colour with the token blueberries. She had either releived hereself in our drinks or served us the dregs.

We decided enough was enough and asked for our bills, seperate bills for each couple. She sighed loudly that she would have to do two whole bills with two beers each and ripped off the original bill and threw it on the floor as she prepared a new one.

I would never ever return to this dump, and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Well, maybe my worst enemy, but not anyone from Tripadvisor!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Trenton, Michigan
“Bar Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Didn't think this place was that great. We tried it since we hadn't before. Opened approx 3 three years. Doubt that I will go back. Nothing special. The Dog Patch is much much better.

Visited July 2013