“Sometime to eat.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Almond WI
“Sometime to eat.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Nothing really special. They look and smell great, but very dry. Buy extra gravy. It really should come with it. But, no. It was extra.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Venice, FL
“Awful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

There are limited choices in Munising and all seemed to have bad reviews. We had just experienced pasties in Marquette, so we were familiar with what to expect. These were the worst of our samplings. We even tried the cherry pasties, but the cherry pies at McDonalds are better. This is more of a take out place since the few small tables were crowded into the gift shop. They are served on paper plates and barely re-heated. A decent fast food restaurant would be a huge improvement to this community, but I fear it is one of those places where corporate restaurants are frowned upon. Too bad, it would be an improvement.

Visited October 2013
Chicago, IL
“Loved me some pasties!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

First time I had one, & heard many different pronunciations of this pie. I had the beef choice, & loved it with the gravy. Noted most had them with ketchup, but personally preferred my choice. Very hardy, filing, and much better than a pot pie.

Visited August 2013
Port Huron, Michigan
“Munising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Really good pasties - better if gravy was offered. I didn't know they had gravy until I read other reviews. I guess now I know for next time!

Visited October 2013
Barrington, Il
“Delicious, Flaky Crust, Vege Pasties - Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Yea! The Vege. Pasties were really great, moist and fresh. We had the fruit filled pasties, also VERY good. The other people in my group had the meat pasties, and loved them, and the gravy ( I prefer ketchup).
I guess the person that said they were dry was used to a different style or something, I would say it was just right, easy to eat with your hands, not dripping in grease or watery filling. The interior had tender vegetables that were perfectly cooked, flavorful, warm, aaaaaaaaaaaaaa drooling as I type this, must have pasty now.....

• Visited August 2013