“Expensive but not good” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Suwon Ambassador

You added Ibis Suwon Ambassador to your Saves list
Ibis Suwon Ambassador
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132, Gwongwang-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do 442-835, South Korea   |
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Suwon
Singapore, Singapore
“Expensive but not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The rooms are small, stuffy and noisy. The heavy traffic outside and anything that happens in the room next door or on the corridor can be heard, not contributing to a good rest. Airconditioning is centrally controlled and often leaves the room very hot. When it cools, it is very noisy.

With the exception of one very helpful gentleman, front desk staff speak very limited English.

The breakfast is OK, but no more than that. A la carte lunch and dinner are very expensive; food is much better and cheaper at nearby restaurants.

When we left, we needed to travel to Seoul with luggage. We confirmed with the staff that the bus would have a luggage compartment, but it turned out that we could not take the bus with luggage at all. We ended up taking a cab, which we would have done much earlier had we been given correct information.

In all, for US$ 250 per night, I would expect better. In Seoul, this gives you 4- or 5-star options.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good and friendly service overall. The room is small but clean enough. The location is strategy where you can get food, shopping...most of the thing here. The hotel provide free shuttle service to certain locations which is convenient for peoples.

The hotel is good for business travelers or with group of friends. The hospitality service make me choose them next time. :-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear KA L,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Suwon Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Milpitas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I recently went to Korea about 2 weeks ago for the first time due to business. I must say that the hotel itself is mostly a business hotel. Meaning small standing shower and limited room size. I arrived to the hotel early in the morning before check in, unfortunately no rooms were ready.

I must say that the front desk service was excellent. The front desk attendant, her name was Romie, recommended a 설렁탕 (ox bone/beef broth soup) restaurant nearby. Great restaurant that's open 24 hours!

I returned to the hotel and Romie informed me that she had a room ready and gave me my room key. They have a rewards program that helps you earn free nights, so I signed up for it. Might as well get points towards a free night while on travel, am I right?

I will most likely come back to this hotel again when on business or visiting Suwon.

Room Tip: Just put average for the swimming pool and room service because I did not use those.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Edchun86,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear your compliments on our staff.

I will share your comments with our entire team. And, your feedback will certainly serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here with my wife on her business trip. The rooms are not large, but this is typical to what I have found in my travels in Korea, Japan and Taiwan. They are, though, clean and in good condition. The front desk staff were extremely helpful in suggestions for shopping and dining in the local area, as well as for tips on transportation into and sights in Seoul. Hana offered to give me her train/bus pass when I had trouble purchasing one on my own, and Romie gave me personal assistance with my needs in the business center. The hotel is a short walk from the Galleria shopping center and numerous dining establishments, and a 5-minute taxi ride from Suwon Station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Ken K,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the ibis Suwon Ambassador. I am so glad to hear that our staff, Hana and Romie, provided you with practical service.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Travel to Suwon for business trip last year and stayed here for bout 5 nights. I was there on end of winter year 2012. The Air conditioning system not that good and the satff hardly understand English. The food was nice! and the room is clean!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marquess W,

Thank you for sharing your concerns on air-conditioning. And, I apologise to you for the inconvenient experience you had last winter.

As we have centralised air-conditioning system throughout the building, there were constraints on running both cooling and heating at the same time during the winter.

In regards to our staff' English skills, we will reinforce on foreign language training on entire staff.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

With best regards,

Suwon, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have almost stayed nearly 300 nights in this hotel. There are lots of positives about this hotel(See my first review for the positives). Coming to the flip side, I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you want to stay here in Summer or if you would like to have air conditioner. They don't turn on the AC even in mid summer, you would hear responses like please open your window, other guests will feel cold etc(Even when guests have the option of switching off their AC if they want). I would recommend you to check out a hotel which provides self controlled air conditioner(especially during summers). If you don't mind staying in a pressure cooker or if you don't mind sweating it out in your room instead of the gym then this is the place to be.
PS: You will also see a response below from the management giving me the same reasons as above for not turning on the AC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Kaushik819,

Thank you for sharing your concerns on air-conditioning. And, I apologise to you for the inconvenient experience you had.

As it has been like summer weather this week, we started turning on the air-conditioner. I hope that you will feel better.

Please be assured that we monitor the room temperature during the summer season.

Thank you for your kind understanding in advance.

With best regards,

Suwon, South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am not sure, how this is a four star hotel. They heat up the room making stay unbearable. They can't turn the air-conditioner on in this season, in the month of May, unbelievable. I am being provided with a electric fan. Rooms are very very small. Bathroom is over as soon as you enter. You can't comfortable stand in the shower. Previously stayed in some small hotels like Landmark hotel. Was thinking atleast IBIS will be better, but its the worst.

I am currently staying in this hotel can't go anywhere already booked this till my tour is over.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Rajesh K,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Suwon.

Concerning air-conditioning of the hotel, it is centralized throughout the hotel floors. Hence, there might be a limitation during a change of season due to the fact that some may feel cold, on the other hand, the others might feel hot, such as you.

However, this does not resolve the dissatisfaction you had. Therefore, I have spoken to the person, in charge of Engineering, and the management will commence on improving air-conditioning system.

Your comments have certainly inspired us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and hope that you allow us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Ibis Suwon

Been to Ibis Suwon Ambassador? Share your experiences!