“No Frills” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Suwon Ambassador

You added Ibis Suwon Ambassador to your Saves list
Ibis Suwon Ambassador
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132, Gwongwang-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon, Gyeonggi-do 442-835, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADVANCE SAVER - 15% OFF
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Suwon
4.0 of 5 stars 147 Reviews
SanFransisco
“No Frills”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Business hotel with no extras (not even room service) extremely small bathrooms , bed is OK. No temperature control (usually warm in the hotel and room), high pressure shower , nothing in mini bar. Restaurent is OK for breakfast buffet , perhaps lunch but certainly not dinner (unless you want to eat same thing over and over again). Stayed here for 2 weeks , staff are not very friendly but not rude either. Good location if you are in town for business with Samsung.

Room Tip: Get smoking rooms on 8th floor they have windows
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, 제너럴 매니저 at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear BAOBAO,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Ambassador Suwon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Regarding your comments on our service, we will focus on improving customer service and menu variety at the restaurant so that we can meet our precious guests' expectations.

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Ibis Suwon Ambassador

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed in the Ibis for 1 week on a business trip, the rooms are clean and the breakfast buffet has a large variety of decent quality food (the scrambled eggs were from powder, but they had a person cooking fried eggs most days that used real eggs).
Visiting in early May, I didn't expect any temperature issues but the first morning I woke up and the in-room thermostat said the room was 27deg (I had set it to be 25deg), after double checking I called the front desk and they told me the entire hotel was on central climate control - no option to change it in individual rooms - even though the readout on the wall has a SET button. Having a room that received full sun in the afternoon, every day I returned to a room that was overly warm and the high humidity made it muggy. Great hotel except for the lack of temperature control.
Also note that they have a restaurant on-site, but do not offer room service.
Front desk staff are very helpful and brought an iron and ironing board to my room very quickly (as other have mentioned, the ironing board was the small tabletop kind and not very useful).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Mr. znn94x,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Ambassador Suwon. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation on room temperature. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Concerning air-conditioning of the hotel, it is centralized throughout the hotel floors. Hence, there might be a limitation during a change of season due to the fact that some may feel cold, on the other hand, the others might feel hot, such as you.

However, this does not resolve the dissatisfaction you had. Therefore, I have spoken to the person, in charge of Engineering, and the management will commence on improving air-conditioning system.

Your comments have certainly inspired us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and hope that you allow us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

And, thank you for your understanding in advance.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room and bathroom is not big, but enough. Fast internet. Great Breakfast

Dear Mr. Milton B.,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Suwon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Busan, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

No frills hotel. Nice location. Clean and not so small rooms. I also like the vending machines. Will stay there again if I'm in that area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Dredrums,

Warm greetings from Ibis Suwon Ambassador!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Ibis Ambassador Hotel in Suwon several times during the past nine months, as I travel to Suwon once a month on business. The hotel has great amenities, with a bar, full service restaurant, spa, laundry room, and gym. The staff - even though I speak a different language - has always been very professional and helpful. I would recommend the Ibis Hotel in Suwon to anyone visiting that city.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
IbisSuwon, General Manager at Ibis Suwon Ambassador, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Scott O,

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

I had to stay here for three weeks, and my experience with this hotel is terrible, never stay here. The service is sub standard, they treat you like you are staying in a MOTEL, their restaurant(Le Parisien) service sucks, usually the waiters are very unfriendly and some times they tell the kitchen is busy (what the heck) I don't see more than 5 people in the restaurant. No room service, no mini bar, they don't provide water in the room even if you request. I was sick and the whole day I had to stay hungry and imagine a day without water. And usually their vending machines are broken and had to use the other floor. So much service for 150$ per day!
And apart from that very unfriendly staff.

Room Tip: Please find a different hotel, stay here only if you don't have a choice.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Naveen G,

At Ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer. Therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Ibis Suwon Ambassador

Been to Ibis Suwon Ambassador? Share your experiences!