“Even with a typhoon Andy @ scuba tech delivered a great open water dive course” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Scuba Tech Philippines

Scuba Tech Philippines
National Hwy | Barrio Barretto, Subic, Luzon, Philippines
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 4 Attractions in Subic
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Freelance consultant technical diving instructor, offering PADI TecRec and ANDI courses. Sidemount Technical Wreck Specialist. Private scuba diving lessons to the highest standards. Advanced diving workshops. Foundational skills clinics. Elite wreck diving tuition.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Me and a friend took the padi open water with andy @ scuba tech in early October and it turned out great very much thanks to andy. To start with we where a bit short on time, both me and my friend had a set date when it would be very good if the course was complete. Andy was very flexible, and was also open for a backup plan in case it would not work out.
It turned out that we lived quite close to each other in Manila, and we had several meetups in the evening discussing the theoretical stuff you need for the course. (all included in the package).

When it came to the practical parts we were very unlucky, a typhoon hit Subic just that weekend which meant the already constrained time was even more limited. Good thing it we could do pool dives even with a strong wind and heavy rain! (rained so bad during that day that our hotel room was flooded!). However, Andy kept up a positive and flexible mind and everything was possible to fit in. At the same time you could feel that he really wanted you to learn the stuff and keeping you safe, Im definitely sure you will be a safe diver after a course with andy.

I would recommend scuba tech for anyone that want to dive with a very experienced diver that take it seriously even if you are just doing the beginners course.

Note: I waited with this review until I had made a real dive so I knew how the contents of the course translated into real use. Now after I made a dive I can say that yes, you get a very good training with Andy @ suba tech.

Visited October 2011

Vienna, Virginia
“Subic Bay and Scuba Tech - Great Diving, Great Guy, Give It A Try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Scheduled a day of diving with Andy at Scuba Tech and very much enjoyed it. The weather did not cooperate and was overcast and rainy (not unexpected during rainy season). We did a three tank trip on the New York, Barges, and El Capitan. The New York is a very cool wreck and I could have easily spent all three tanks on it exploring it. The Barges are not exactly wreck dives, but the amount and diversity of fish on the Barges are amazing. There is also a MASSIVE school of jacks hanging around the Barges so definitely worth visiting. Finally, El Capitan is a cool little wreck with lots of nooks and crannies and lots of fish life. If you listen carefully, you can even hear the dolphins in their pens and the local dolphin show.

I will agree the visibility is not the greatest at Subic, but it really is not that bad. Even when it was overcast and rainy I thought the visibility was decent enough to dive. If you are expecting Coral Seas 30+ meter visibility, then you will be disappointed. However, if you want to see some cool wrecks, good fish life, and don't mind a little less visibility, Subic Bay is definitely worth a try.

Andy at Scuba Tech was great to dive with and very safety oriented. On one of our dives, my friend had some issues and Andy made sure we stayed together as a group and safely got back to the surface. I was very impressed with Andy's knowledge of the wrecks and the Subic Bay area. I would highly recommend Andy to anyone planning a trip to Subic!

Visited July 2011
Va. Beach
“Subic Bay Diving with Scuba Tech Philippines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Hello Everyone,

I spent four days diving with Andy Davis from Scua Tech Philippines in July of 2011. I took my AOW and some specialty course and enjoyed every minute of it. Andy made the courses enjoyable, fun, and added to the courses with his vast knowledge of technical diving skills. I learned a lot and became a better dive in the small amount of time I was there.
I also recommend Subic Bay as a great dive destination with some awesome wrecks to explore and of course Andy will show you the best they have to offer as he knows the dive sites like the back of his hand.
So if your in the Philippines and looking to take a course or just want to have fun diving with a professional who can help you with any aspects of your diving. I would look up Scuba Tech Philippines for your next diving adventures.

Steve R.

Visited July 2011
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“If you are going to dive Subic Bay, you've got to call Andy at Scuba Tech Philippines.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I took three courses with Scuba Tech Philippines in June and was very happy with all of them. In addition to the core material, Andy really helped me out with my form and gave me lots of tips to improve my diving. I hope I get a chance to return to Subic Bay sometime soon.

Highlights
*The Wreck Diver course was a great experience and is highly recommend if you haven't taken it already.
*Rental equipment was readily available and in good condition.
*Convenient boat pickup anywhere along the beach in the freeport zone.

Visited June 2011
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Wreck diving with Andy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I took a wreck and nitrox course with Andy a while back. He runs a very thorough course with a lot more content added to give actual meat to the basic outline. From line-laying skills, to no-mask drills and handling slung bottles in and around some of the best wrecks this side of town - this is what you could call value+.

Visited August 2010