“Friendly staff...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 21 Vigan B&B and Inns
Makati, Philippines
“Friendly staff...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Despite the not so perfect facilities, we enjoyed our stay because of the friendly staff. I learned that they work really long hours but still they managed to provide a warm, friendly and accommodating service. But beware of some tricycle drivers trying to offer you with a tour... I suggest you don't give them your cell numbers. I am pretty sure not all of them are bad, better be careful...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

Small simple Hotel (no parking area).... breakfast was not satisfactory :(
Okay, it's near to Calle Crisologo, and to the Centro, so no need to drive or ride a tricycle.
The only thing better in this hotel are the very helpful staff.

Anyway, you are there to tour the wonderful Vigan and not to stay the full day inside this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015 via mobile

This was the only hotel we could get at this time of the year in Vigan City. It's probably a house converted to a bead and breakfast place. The rooms are tiny. Perfect for leprechauns. Bathroom is small.

They have no parking facilities. You park out in the street.

It's a tricycle ride to Crisologo street which makes it ok and away from the maddening crowd.

Breakfast was take out from a tapsilog place.

• Stayed December 2014
Metro Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2015

The place was recommended by my close friend and we were very satisfied with our stay. The staff were very accommodating and one of the owners even visited us during breakfast to check how we were doing. We were there very early and since our room is vacant, we were allowed to check in early. The interiors really felt like home and was designed to have a very comfortable ambiance. The place is very near the historical places like Calle Crisologo and you would experience no hassle in getting to places you want to check out when you visit Vigan. This place is highly recommended since they really treat you as visitors and would be very attentive for any help you ask from the staff. I would definitely go back and recommend to my friends and family!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

The staff here were very nice and the place is very nice. The breakfast room had a homelike appearance. Although the rooms were quite small
That is why i thought of coming back there with family. I just wish that the family room were bigger.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

The hotel is a pleasant 10 minute walk from the tourist centre of town. The building is about 1 year old but in keeping with the style of others in town - I thought they did a nice job with it. I arrived around 11am and was offered the option of paying for an early check-in or leaving my bag in their care - I was fine with the second option. The room was small, and like most places I've stayed in in the Philippines there were the sounds of roosters, dogs and motorbikes but I slept well. The breakfast included in the reservation was fine. I found the staff to be helpful. The only negative was that the shower in the room was not draining properly - I think that should have been dealt with before I got there. 3G Internet wasn't great in the room, but that is outside of their control I think.
Overall I felt that the place offered good value and I'd happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road are likely to be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Croydon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

Hotel was okay. Look of the area. Clean and basic. My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We arrived early and we asked what time check in was but they said the room was ready (11am) the room its self was small and basic but perfect for a 2 night stay.
2 hours of arriving we got a knock on the door from 2 female staff asking for 500 pesos as we checked in early. We said that we will pay when we check out and they went away. We wernt happy that they didnt mention this when we checked in and we asked what time check in was.
The water in the bathroom when showering smells! It has an iron smell a bit like blood and the same with the basin taps too.
When we went out we were told again about the 500 pesos and again told them we will pay at check out time.
The staff enter the room and turn off the aircon when your out, which is annoying as you want to enter a cold room after a hot day out.
Breakfast was served cold and very basic. On the day before leaving 2 female staff again came to the room to ask for the money. We said we want to pay on mastercard and they said that was ok. In the evening the card machine was not working so HAD to pay in cash. We asked for a reciept.
Over all the room was okay but customer service lacks!!! I wouldnt reccomend to friends or family!

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Casa Rica Hotel? Share your experiences!