“History and value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gordion Hotel

You added Gordion Hotel to your Saves list
Gordion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V. delos Reyes corner Salcedo Sts., Vigan, Luzon 2700, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Vigan
Melbourne, Australia
“History and value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It is a classic 3 star hotel. Everything you need without a lot of trimmings except that it is in a great location, around the corner from Crisologia Street and it is an historic site. The room was quite small, especially for two, but we only had a standard room. There are bigger and better rooms. The room was clean and everything worked. Staff were very responsive and friendly. Not so keen on the breakfast and we did not try other meals. It has a dining room and is close to other good eating places.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, an upgrade above standard will give more space and, possibly, better ambience!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Perhaps the strongest endorsement I can give the Gordion Hotel is that I would not hesitate to stay there again on a future trip to Vigan. The place is warm, charming and attractive, and fits the atmoshere of the city and of a bygone era. The location is convenient to Vigan's attractions, just a block from the famed Calle Crisologo, and a short walk or carriage ride to good restaurants, markets, museums, Plaza Salcedo, Plaza Burgos, and Vigan Cathedral.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Large verandas look out over the rooftops. Staying here is like a trip back in time, with the rich wooden features, artwork and grand staircases. The complimentary breakfast was buffet style, with a good selection and quality food. We had a wonderful experience in both the Gordion Hotel, and the city of Vigan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The main reason in visiting Vigan is the famous heritage street, "Calle Crisologo". Fortunately, Gordion Hotel is situated few steps away from this famous street.

The ambiance in Gordion is nice, very relaxing. The customer service is good. They also serve good food. The rooms are clean and bed are very comfortable to sleep with.

We discovered this hotel by accident few years back and since then, it's our number one hotel accommodation when in Vigan.

They support local tourism advocacy too so let's patronize business with great sense of tourism awareness.

Highly Recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Reserved thru email & sms with prompt reply. After a 5 hour ride from Baguio, I was so relieved when they handed us a welcome towel & drinks upon check in. The climate was as warm as their welcome. I reserved a standard room but they don't have available so they gave us a room upgrade of a deluxe which i was surprised & glad because the room was really big.Stayed 1 night.The price of the room even for a standard was like the price of a deluxe compared to what I was expecting--- though it's worth it's value. The hotel environment including the hallways, balcony, lights, garden & furniture gave it a truly cozy, rustic, relaxing, homey feel, .Great location, yummy breakfast,! Would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Choose a room near their balcony/terrace.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Location - this is just a few steps away from one of the main reasons for visiting Vigan - the World Heritage site of Crisologo Street.
Good value for money - breakfast is basic but am satisfied. Internet service available. The staff are very helpful. They have a yard that served as parking space which is good since Vigan has narrow streets for street parking.
Their ACs though are window type that are very loud that mimic the sound of sleeping in an airplane but I was tired from the all day travelling that I slept through it.
Overall I'm satisfied with out stay.

Room Tip: Request for a room away from the streets if you can because the tricycles are very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location, steps away from restored historic area. Standard room we booked was windowless on the ground floor, but they gave us an upgrade to a second floor deluxe room. Once we learned that the opaque window panels do slide open, we were happy there. Clean, staff cheerful and helpful. Roof-top deck had no umbrellas or chairs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Baguio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I am a lover of antiques so every time I think of having a vacation, Vigan comes first on my list. I never tried advance reservation because even if I go there as walk in, I still able to get a room. I have tried many hotels from high to low since I‘ve been there for like a zillion times (of course I’m exaggerating) Anyway, Not many have gave me a good impression.

I don’t have my own car so I traveled by bus. Of course mamang tricycle driver was always there waiting for me to hop in, got lucky he only collected 20 pesos this time unlike last time oh geez...was it 100 pesos? He asked me where to go...I didn’t answer immediately because I was thinking whether to go to hotels near plaza Burgos, but on the second thought, I wanted to try other hotels, so I told mamang driver to take me to a hotel where he think offers the best.

He took me to Gordion hotel. From the outside I know it wasn’t new so I was struggling whether to get inside or try the hotel beside it because it looks newer, but I entered nevertheless. And I’m so glad I did. As I enter I saw the big piece of art...antique...whether it’s authentic or not, I don’t mind, I just love what I’m seeing..the beauty of simplicity...the memories of old times.

The front desk offered me a deluxe room and I said it’s fine since the rate is reasonable, so the attendant took me there. It was on the second floor. As I seeing the whole of the hotel my mind starts to wander...back in time. But my wandering mind stopped when the attendant opened the door and showed me the room...too big for a solo traveler like me, but it doesn’t matter, I love the ambiance...and wow...I didn’t expect it to be very clean. The bed looks so comforting I wanted to sleep right away but I wanted to relax a little bit and decided to smoke but the front desk clerk advised me not to smoke inside so I had to find the smoking area. I saw the terrace near my room so I walked there.

I was enjoying my cigarette while looking at the stars, of course there should be stars because it’s dark already and the weather is normal, then when I looked down, I saw stars again...sure it wasn’t the stars we see up in the sky... little lights as if planted in a brick wall. I wasn’t able to figure out what it was but I guess it was a garden because I saw plants, tables and chairs and I’m hearing mellow music too. I didn’t realize I was thinking so hard guessing what it was. My curiosity is killing me so I hurriedly went down and asked the reception what it is. Garden by the Ruins, that’ what she told me, it is where I shall be having my breakfast. It’s a pity I didn’t bring my fiance with me. I could have proposed right there and then( haha) well, there’s always a next time..sure thing. Wow, did I write this long??? Hahaha alright to cut it short. I found my home here in Vigan, clean, nice, and just perfect for me.

Room Tip: deluxe room is best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Gordion Hotel? Share your experiences!