“LOVE THE STAFF” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gordion Hotel

You added Gordion Hotel to your Saves list
Gordion Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   V. delos Reyes corner Salcedo Sts., Vigan, Luzon 2700, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Vigan
california
“LOVE THE STAFF”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I REALLY APPRECIATED the front office and waiters/waitresses for being nice to us, we really like how they treat us as their guest.
when we arrived at the hotel the(morning) receptionist gave us a beautiful smile, and a good service with their bell man.
hope to see u soon

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review.

I am especially heartened to learn that our Team Members’ high service standards contributed to making your stay a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Gordion Hotel to explore more of what our destination has to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful 5 day stay at the family owned and very well managed Gordion Inn. We flew in and out via Laoag Airport. Transfer arrangements to Vigan were made by the hotel and it was so seamless. The food was great. My hard-to-feed-gringo husband especially enjoyed breakfast in the open garden area. The staff was thoughtful and very well trained. Did I say honest? My diamond bracelet must have dropped from my wrist unknowingly, only realized it missing when we were at the airport leaving. I made a quick phone call to the hotel, not knowing what to tell them where to start looking. To my surprise, an employee has already found it and turned it in. All in all, we had a great vacation. Vigan is such a magical place to visit, if only those old homes could talk, and Gordion Inn is the place to stay. We shall return!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for your review of Gordion Hotel. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and have shared your most encouraging comments with the team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Best Regards,
Ana Marie L. Alcantara
Manila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

We did not continue our check-in because of some disagreements with their front desk staff. Their staff even told us that we will pay only the non-refundable P400 reservation fee when we cancel our reservation. So we transferred to another hotel. After two days, they just charged my credit card with the entire amount of two-night stay (P4,400!) that we reserved. They considered me as no-show guest. Why they didn’t even bother to explain or warn us before we cancel our reservation? They made no effort to tell me that even if we stay in the nearby hotel, I will still be paying Gordion Hotel. No wonder because they can still charge my credit card. They can always let unhappy customers walk-out of their hotel because they can still charge the customer’s credit card. They just told me that I should have read and understood the terms and conditions on their website before I input my credit card details and make a reservation.

Just a piece of advice so that you will not experience what happened to us: Be careful when using Gordion Hotel’s online reservation especially because you will be inputting your credit card details. Just read carefully the terms and conditions (remember that they are made to protect the hotel from any losses). Do not attempt to clarify these terms and conditions with their staff because chances are, they do not understand it. The staff may further confuse you and in the end it will be your fault because you did not read the terms and conditions.

I should have listened to my friend that I do not need to make reservation with Gordion Hotel because one can always go there as walk-in guest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Ana_Marie_Alcantara, General Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Dear Sir,

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience by posting your opinions on Trip Advisor. We highly appreciate your feedback.

Online credit card and cancellation policy and procedure applies to most hotels (big or small) anywhere in the world. Very well traveled people, people working in the credit card industry and hospitality industry are aware of these policies and procedures.

As said in my email earlier, I have personally investigated your complaint and would like to apologize for the inconvenience which has caused you.

I would like to inform you that even before you made reservation and before encoding your credit card number, Gordion Hotel and our partner were transparent and clearly stated/explained online regarding Cancellation Policy wherein most hotels have the same policy and procedures. Policies were clearly stated/explained however you had different expectations. That is a universal rule in any hotel and even the airline industry.

It is also clearly stated in your reservation/confirmation voucher and cancelation letter from our partner about the Total Reservation Cost.

We have never had an incident of not explaining policies or terms and conditions in the history of this company. We regret the situation but feel we did our best under the circumstances.

Most of our staff have been working with us for a long time. We keep happy employees who are professional and willing to always do their best. While it may seem so impossible to please everyone all of the time, rest assured, it wont keep us from continuing to strive for excellence in customer service.

We feel we provide good value to our guests, and we thank you for the great help you are giving us. Rest assured that we will continue to improve our services.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed there two weeks ago for two nights, relying on the reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The rooms were not fancy, but were clean. Showers (w/hot water) and A/C worked fine. The staff were friendly. We especially enjoyed the breakfast (included) in the garden area amongst the ruins. The hotel is only a block or two from shops, restaurants, museums and the plaza, hence very convenient to most of the things travellers will want to see.

Calesas usually can be found right in front of the hotel for a ride around town. Price was reasonable.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are just fine. The junior suite, where we stayed for one night, was big but a bi...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I arrived Vigan at 8am and i just tried my luck to check in and luckily the room is already available and Deluxe room is too big for me alone, hotel is just 1 block from Calle Crisologo and 5min walk to Plaza. Breakfast is good with free WIFI. I will definitely come back here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

My friends and I went around Vigan Calle Crisologo looking for a place to stay very near the main road of Calle Crisologo. There are many hotels right along Crisologo but this Gordion hotel provided good parking area, and nice ambiance. The place is old, and looks a bit eerie. But when you check out the place, it is really nice. The service at breakfast is a bit slow, maybe because the hotel was fully booked and there was only one chef. At any rate, we did have our breakfast after waiting for more than an hour. The food is superb.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Location: 3 minutes away from Calle Crisologo, very near Leila's Cafe :)

Room: Small but clean.
There's no hot water!
The aircondition keeps turning off after an hour, tried resetting it but it still automatically turns off.
You can hear the noise from the hallway ;(

Value for money: At 1,600 per room per night with free breakfast, i think this is ok. It's just that their rates are different. When I called it's 2,000 per room per night but upon check-in, i found out that the rate is only 1,600!

Tour prices at Gordion: Vigan tour 1,250 per pax--- I suggest you take a calesa ride. For 150 per hour they'll take you to popular Vigan tourist spots. It only took us 2 hours to visit Bantay Belfry, Burgos Museum, Pagburnayan Pottery, Baluarte, Crisologo Museum, Calle Crisologo etc. That's only 300 pesos as compared to nearly shelling out 2,500 for an airconditioned transpo tour.

Laoag/Pagudpud tour 7,500 per pax at Gordion--- I suggest you shop around we availed of a van with driver that took us to Laoag & Pagudpud for only 5,500!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
cc0802, Manager at Gordion Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Madam;

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. We apologize for the late reply because we failed to read reviews on a regular basis. We value our customers and your opinion. Had management been personally informed, it would have merited an immediate attention for a social media site will not help solve the problem. We issue guest comment forms for swift actions to your concerns.

You will be happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours, we have implemented the following changes and would like to inform you on the following:

1. ROOM: Small but clean – We would like to inform you that the small rooms are classified as the Standard room located in Building 1 however we have much bigger rooms classified as De Luxe for a higher price.

2. AIRCONDITIONING AND WATER HEATER. These are available in all rooms and can be adjusted to guest desired temperature. Our housekeeping staff went to check the room you occupied and the timer for the airconditioner was set to One (1) hour that is the reason why it kept shutting off. The water heater takes time for the water to heat up and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you however we will take preventive steps such as putting Instuction Reading Material so that this will not happen again

3. NOISY HALLWAY IN BUILDING 1. We sincerely regret the disturbance. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms upon request. Rest be assured that management has taken the necessary steps to address this concern.

4. VALUE FOR MONEY. Due to the perishability (a room that is not sold today, is not sold forever for we cannot return back day) of our product which is the hotel room, the changes in the hotel room rates just like the airline industry constantly changing airfare, please visit the Wikipedia for a better understanding on Yield Management as used by airline and hotel industry.

5. TOUR PRICES - Our tours comes with an air conditioned transportation, a trusted driver, a tour guide, and some meals. Calesa is a great way to go around Vigan but some tourist, because of time constraints, just can't ride in a calesa. and we cater more to these specific category. You were lucky to have the luxury of time and your experience is well commended.

We thank you for the great help you are giving us. Rest be assured that we will continue to improve our services.

Been to Gordion Hotel? Share your experiences!