“Nice!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've stayed a night in Shiva Guest House 1 on 23rd Oct. This guest house is at close proximity to all the attractions in Bhaktapur! The room I've stayed in is pretty basic but good enough to sleep and rest comfortably. I was truly lucky to be able to experienced the festival on the 24th, it added charm to this mystical city.

If I'm visiting Bhaktapur again i would surely choose to stay in Shiva Guest House 1 as well.

Good job for their helpful and friendly staffs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
kailashdhaubanjar, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.

we hope to see you again in Bhaktapur.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The Shiva House 1 is wonderful! I traveled to Kathmandu in 1976; computers and cell phones did not exit. After waiting over 30 years to return I researched and thought," OMG! I was never in Kathmandu, it was Bhaktapur!" So, I made arrangements to stay at the Shiva House. I cannot express how grateful I am to have made such a mistake. My husband and myself had the most lovely of experiences in Bhaktapur! Kailash of Shiva House had so much to do with our fantasticly, magically wonderful days there and also our trip to Chitwan National Park. Kailash made all of our arrangements to Chitwan the night we realized we could go! Within 8 hours we were on our way to Chitwan! If I had known that Kailash made arrangements to Tibet, and other places I would have altered my plans before I left the USA. Everything was wonderful. After 5 days in Bhaktapur( daily trips made by Kailash) I thought we MUST go to Kathmandu, honestly, it was my love for Kathmandu that brought me to Bhaktapur. My husband and myself lasted 2 hours in Kathmandu. We grabbed our bags, paid for 1 night and high tailed it right outta there! We flagged down a taxi and could not wait to go home to Shiva House !! The Shiva House located in Durbar Square, Bhaktapur. What I remember with such love from my memories of Kathmandu in 1976 is how Bhaktapur is now. I bought a bell before I left, I ring my bell daily, I ring it (outside) when I am stressed, or so happy. Ringing the bell reminds me of Kathmandu 30 years ago and now, of Shiva House, Bhaktapur. Ringing my bell sends me every day of my life, and if you should be blessed to make it there you will know what I say. Thank you Kailash and everyone there that made our trip more than I could ever imagine! Oh, by the way it was my husband and myself's 30th wedding anniversary present! The BEST!!

Room Tip: Well, you know I love bells, so make your room off the square, and awaken to praying, and the ringin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
thank you Kate.

Thank you for you ver very warm feeback and we are always there at your service and there is more place to discover in Nepal.

thank you!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed in three different rooms during our trip; 302 was our favorite, but all of them were great. Bhaktapur is a magical place, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square will be one of those locations I will always treasure. Kailash and his staff at the Shiva House made it our home. The location is primo and it is right in the heart of Durbar Square, right outside a temple, a temple that has bells ringing and dogs barking, people perpetually praying, beggars begging, and children asking for photos; and its all the reasons why I love it, it's so alive and I miss it still. The food at Shiva is excellent, breakfast, lunch or dinner, and their prices are competitive with any place in the area; and we tried many. Their Ginger honey lemon tea was by far the best, with lots of delicious pieces of ginger to savor. Kailash is amazingly attentive to your needs; all you have to do is mention what you're interested in doing or seeing and he's got you covered, he makes it happen effortlessly; you sense the pleasure in the service he delivers, a rare experience for those that travel extensively in the States.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Micheal

thank you for your feedback and nice comment on my always work....made me laugh .......
i hope you see you agian with new distination.

thank you.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We truly enjoyed our stay at this guest house, but be aware it is a very noisy place - bells ringing every hour, 20 dogs barking all night through and drumming boys marching around the town (the last might be because we stayed during the festival). The breakfast was super delicious - we enjoyed every single bite of it! And we loved our afternoons just chilling out by the guest house having a coffee and skyping with the family.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kassel, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

the location close to the historical center is fine. A good decision to start in Bhaktapur and not in Kathmandu for the Nepal trip.One can slowly start appreciating the historic buildings.All within walking distance and in the end, Nuresh accompanied my whole Nepal trip, because he took me by car to the other places I visited !Would certainly choose the same gh for another trip !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed in room 302, I think, with the best view in the 3 months of travelling. Kailash and his staff were unbelievable and looked after me so well with the five days I was there. Can't recommend it highly enough. Clean, great food and homely. My parents are coming next year I raved about it so much!

Room Tip: 302 but no bathroom but helped keeper the cost down
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
kailashdhaubanjar, Manager at Shiva Guest House1 & 2, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Namestay!!
thank you for your effective feedback and looking forwards to see you again.
Rosh haain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

When we decided to Visit Nepal we were looking for a place to stay. Our friend recommended us about Shiva. We stayed there several nights (beginning and end of the visit), and the decision to sleep in Bhaktapur and not in Kathmandu proved. Shiva's location is wonderful. Also close to Kathmandu end in the old Bhaktapur area (Shiva 1 in Durbar square and Shiva 2 outside the square). Wonderful views from the windows, quality food and reasonable prices and even lower. Naresh and Kailash who run the place give excellent service and attitude. They are the most successful producers and helped us organize trips around and trek that we did. Of course we strongly recommend spending time at Shiva Guest House.

Room Tip: beautiful view in Shiva 1 Quieter rooms in Shiva 2
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Nachum

Thank you for your valuable feedback. hope to see you again and i am at your service.
And do please refer other friends also.

Been to Shiva Guest House1 & 2? Share your experiences!