“Decent enough” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 39 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Decent enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Good location, with friendly staff and reasonably priced at 1000rp/night. The shower was hot and the wifi worked. The ceiling was very low though, and it gets really noisy during the day. There didn't seem to be anything happening when I popped my head into the upstairs restaurant for breakfast, so I went to a cafe in Durbar Square instead.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Families
Business
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

yikes! ceiling height in our room was barely 6' which was not great for us - bathroom down the hall was clean but dated - room somewhat dingy as 1 out of the 2 lights was burnt out - noisy as located steps from Pottery Square and we were there at festival time. Fun to open the room window and look out on to the street however. Friendly owner who tried hard to please but I'd probably spend a few more bucks for a more comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kunming, Yunnan, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Clean and simple rooms with an attached bathroom, great location, friendly owner and it's reasonably priced. Good breakfast and 24-hour wif-fi. The area is very central so it's very lively but a bit noisy (although no cars are allowed in Bhaktapur...)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Riding into Bhaktapur one afternoon through the main gate, Khwopa Guesthouse was right in the centre of the complex and a 30 second walk from Durbur square.

I stayed 2 nights at 400 Rupee per night and was very happy with the value for money. The first night I stayed in a double room that had an ensuite bathroom, 2 arm chairs and a table, as well as a street view. Unfortunantely the boss told me I had to change rooms as the one I was in was worth 700 Rp. The second day I stayed in the room next door which was a single room with ensuite bathroom and one arm chair. I'm still happy!

The rooms were clean, I had hot water and the beds were comfortable. However the wifi connection was extremely poor to the extent that it was unbearable to use - although I'm not sure if this is Bhaktapur in general or not... The ceiling's were also extremely low but fortunately I'm a short guy so it didn't make any difference to me. They also happily held my bike securely for my entire stay, which was very good.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there and if I was to return to Bhaktapur I'd definitely head back to Khwopa. Also make sure you try the Banana Pancake for breakfast! Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Khwopa Guesthouse? Share your experiences!