“Authentic Korean Food in an authentic Nepali Town” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Bhaktapur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Korean Food in an authentic Nepali Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Cafe Beyond procides some lovely diversity in a town with little but Nepali food on most menus. It is a two minute walk away from Durbar Square and set in a lovely funky atmosphere. The food and drink isn't so expensive that it is too much but sets a nice higher quality above other restaurants.

Also showing a good history of the NGO who runs it and all the workshops and good work they carry out across Nepal.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vang Vieng, Laos
“A cozy and clean restaurant with excellent dishes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

A cozy and clean restaurant with excellent dishes, in contrast to the many dirty restaurants with poor food in Bhaktapur we checked which are also often more expensive. If you're in Bhaktapur we really recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Great food for greater result”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I learned about this place through korean newspaper. Actually the article was about NGO. Why they started beyond n what they are doing etc. And article introduced this restaurant that they started this restaurant to support their NGO work in nepal. I thought that's a great story why dont I check out. And when I got there I saw two European enjoying kimbab so I asked them how did you get to know about this place? They told me that this is no. 1 reataurant by tripadviser.
As a big fan of tripadviser whenever I go new place I check tripadviser n start from no.1 restaurant n hasn't been disappointed yet. But nepal trip was organized by my brother n I was just following him n he didnt check this time.
So when I learn that they are no.1 I was so shock n happy. Because I know where the money goes...as a korean I didnt order korean food. Cause it will be delicious to me so I ordered apple razzi. LOVE IT.

Davis, California
“Delicious Bibimbap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is the only Korean restaurant in town and close to where we stayed. Authentic Bibimbap and Korean pancakes compared to other local restaurants nearby.

Visited November 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“A Tasty Korean Break in Bhaktapur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My partner and I sat in the backyard, overlooking the cafe's own organic farm, and the pretty sight of the city of Bhaktapur. My bibimbap tasted really fresh. The kimchi wasn't exactly what I had in mind, yet considering this is Nepal, I found it satisfying. My partner's ramyun was delicious and spicy. The local yoghurt dessert - known as King Curd - was not served in a typical earthenware, so it's not quite authentic. Yet, the taste was fine. The place itself is funky and cheerful in the inside, and refreshing in the backyard. A great gem in Bhaktapur, and a perfect break from local cuisine.

• Visited October 2013