“good welcome in french” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 39 Bhaktapur B&B and Inns
PARIS
“good welcome in french”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

very good location in the middle of Durbar Square.
very good restaurant and big plates.
the must : the young staff is learning french and is very friendly and helps you.
not the best range of accomadation, but you need just to sleep in the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

I m not a hygiene obsessed but this place is just filthy. I do not know how other travellers found it good. We have checked in, stayed 3 hours and ran away. I even paid the night, i just wanted to escape! Location is good yes but all others lodges around are just next to it and if you want see the square from the terrace go there for a beer if you can stand the flies assault. DO NOT EAT THERE. Once up the stairs you will see the kitchen inside then you will understand. Being a dirty place is not a nepali standard anymore. We went to Himalaya lodge at the other side of the square. Bit small rooms but half price than sunny.great food.clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2012
SunnyCafe, Manager at Sunny Guest House, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Namaste
Thank you for your review.We are extermly sorry that our hospitality doesn't meet your want .Hope to see you again with our better and warm hospitality.Why you did not used the mosquito liquid in your room/?Any way thank you for your stay with us ..
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I spent one night at Sunny Guest House in March 2012. It's not a bad little hotel and the price was right ($25), but the rooms were lacking, and frankly I wish we had stayed someplace nicer for a little more money.

On the plus side, the staff was extremely helpful and good to us, including letting us check out at 9 p.m. (for a small fee). The breakfast was also quite good, the view from the rooftop restaurant is lovely, and the location could not be more convenient. The kind staff could not, however, make up for the fact that the rooms were outdated little hovels that did not appear to have been cleaned very thoroughly. We initially had a larger, nicer room, but we had to move rooms because it was absolutely filled with flies (the hotel's initial unhelpful suggestion was to shut the lights out so we would not be disturbed by them). The other options were disappointing - small, outdated rooms with no sunlight and a musty smell, in need of a good mopping. Bathrooms were straight out of 1969. The room we settled on was ultimately perfectly servicable, but as I said, I wished we'd stayed someplace else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

beautiful location, friendly environmnt, wi-fi 24/7 n welcomin dimple smile..i will go again n again!

• Stayed February 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

This is the best place to stay in Bhaktapur , the staff is extremely friendly , helpful and speak perfectly English , French and more !!!!
Rooms are great and some with a view that will take your breath away ..
Do not hesitate !

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

i stayed at sunny guest house with my friends to celebrate our Christmas celebration and we enjoyed a lot out there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I couldn't have stayed in a better place in Bhaktapur! This Guest house is right next to the Nyataponla Temple, the tallest pagoda temple in Nepal... in the heart of Taumadhi Square. Although my hotel room was probably not the best, (as I noticed the bathroom was still not renovated like in other rooms) I still loved it. From my window I could see the square and I had the Bhairavnath Temple right in front of the window, which added to the charm of my stay.
I have to confess the mattress in my room was quite hard and the tv simply didn't work properly, but other than that I truly enjoyed staying here. The staff was really smiley and friendly and I certainly would stay there again if I ever return to Bhaktapur!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to Sunny Guest House? Share your experiences!