“Great staff...good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant

You added Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 South University Park Drive, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Mobile Check-In
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Ohio
“Great staff...good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The newer Fairfield Inns are always a good value but this time I was overly impressed with the staff and their going out of their way to help me when I woke to a flat tire. Rather than calling AAA, they offered and I accepted to fill my tire so I could try and get it to a tire store. It worked and I was back on the road within 45 minutes. Awesome!

Room Tip: Stay with good people!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Greetings John and THANK YOU! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I’m also very happy that we were able to help you in a time of need and that everything worked out for you. Please let us know when you’ll be in town next, we’d love to see you again!

mishawaka, in
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the reason visiting my daughter at college. We enjoyed the stay tremendously and have been back there since. When going we ate out and visited the downtown area where it was really nice. we enjoyed the stay and plan on going back. The staff and accomodations were excellent.

Room Tip: W stayed on the second level which was the best for us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We are thrilled that you have stayed with us multiple times and have thoroughly enjoyed your stays. I’m happy to hear that you have also had the opportunity to enjoy Mount Pleasant and it’s great eateries. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sterling Heights
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel, located right next to Central Michigan University, is very convenient for parents visiting students or families coming from a long distance on "move-in day". Great breakfast and clean rooms!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lisamomde2
Thank you very much for the kind words. We take pride in serving our guests and providing the best experience possible. I’m happy to hear that our location was beneficial to you. I hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the numerous shopping centers and restaurants in the immediate area as well. We hope to welcome you again soon!
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice location....Bennigans is within walking distance. Target close by too. Our trip's purpose was to bring son to college, so we wanted a nice place to sleep with things close by for eating supper and also shopping for college necessities (Target). Front desk was very friendly when we checked in. The only things I disliked was the bed made a clunking noise when you got on or off of it. The bathroom door had the loudest creak so in the middle of the night it woke us sounding even louder. Nothing some WD40 couldn't fix, just a note on that. Breakfast was good...lots of choices. Pool and hot tub looked nice, although we didn't have any time to use either of them. The grounds around motel are lush and green. Very pleasant surrounding. A bit pricey, but I guess when its a college town and its the night before move in they can pretty much name the price.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hello and thank you for providing us with the aforementioned feedback, it’s invaluable. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and congratulations to your son on his decision to attend CMU! Please know that we have addressed the minor maintenance items you mentioned. I hope that you will come back and visit us soon!
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have a very pleasant stay.

Stayed here overnight to play at the casino. Convenient location.

Walked into the hotel at 10:30 PM and was looking to check in. The lady at the desk had me fill out a couple of forms, since I was using my Dad's Marriott Platinum Elite Account. Was not recognized as a Platinum member, no elite bonus offered, going to have to take that up with Marriott Rewards or management. Handed her the credit card authorization, then she made me sign a "no partying" form. I thought she was joking... I signed the form and thought I was all good. But I wasn't. One more thing - be quiet. It was not a be quiet as in no partying - which we never intended on doing - it was a be quiet as in whispering only. At least that's what she made it seem like.

Upgraded to a double queen suite. I like to call it a double queen with a pullout couch, because that's all that was different. Peaked around the room and everything seemed clean - until I got to the shower. Shower was not even rinsed out, but I was too tired to complain. Had a nice array of hairs in the shower - quite gross.

Everything else appeared to be clean. For what it was, I did not expect to pay $130, as there are plenty of other choices in the Mt. Pleasant area. I felt comfortable staying at a Marriott, however, as my dad is a frequent traveler who stays so much he has Platinum status as well.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty good. Fruits, juices, eggs, waffles, sausage, yogurt, etc.

An ok stay.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I would like to take a moment to address your concerns; it’s my understanding that you feel as though our Platinum Elite promise wasn’t fulfilled. After doing some research, I am confident that we satisfied the standard in providing bonus points, bottles of water, a snack and a complimentary upgrade. Please feel free to contact me if you should have any questions in this regard, I would be happy to elaborate.

Additionally, please know that on Friday and Saturday nights, it’s our practice to have all guests under the age of 21 sign a form agreeing to limit the number of guests in the room (per fire safety standards). As well the form outlines our pool and fitness center hours and when we observe quiet hours. This is in place to ensure the well-being of all of our guests, which was discussed with you when we addressed the noise complaint coming from your room.

Again, I ask that you reach out to me, I would be more than happy to discuss any questions or concerns. Your satisfaction matters to us!
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night with friends while in town for the Avenged Sevenfold concert at the Soaring Eagle. Had a King "suite" with a kind bed and sofa bed. I liked the layout of the room. It was nice to have 2 TVs. No big complaints but a couple pet peeves. First, upon check-in the clerk brought to my attention that there would be a $250 cleaning fee charged to my credit card if smoking occurs in my room. I don't smoke, and I understand and agreed to that policy. But what annoyed me is right after they said that I rode the elevator to my room on the second floor and the second I got off the elevator, the hallway smelled of old smoke. (Must have been a smoking floor before Michigan went smoke free). On top of that, the halls were a little dark for my like. But I guess it's all about being energy efficient now. After the concert, I gave my friends the King Sized bed and I took the pull out sofa. Upon pulling it out, I was amazed to see that there were no sheets on it, they have them folded up in the closet and you have to make it yourself.....I expect that type of thing when I travel up in the Thumb, but a 3 star Fairfield Inn...really? Breakfast was average, nothing special, but good enough to want to eat it. Did not get a chance to use the pool area, looked rather small, but clean. And lastly, although not their fault, the phones were malfunctioning when I came back from the concert, and I was unable to schedule a wake up call. I set the clock and my cell phone. That's not a problem, but still a inconvenience none the less. Oh and they only give AAA discounts "some of the time".....huh?....It should be yes or no! For $150/night....I expected a little more...if I would've paid $80-90 I would've let some of those pet peeves go. I think I'll try Hamilton Inn next time, closer to the Casino.

Room Tip: If going to the Casino, try and stay closer...this is on the other side of town, a good 10-15 minute...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide details of your stay. I would like to apologize that you encountered some of your ‘pet peeves’ during your stay. Please know that we strive to provide superior accommodations and service at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Because of that I would like to elaborate on some of our practices; Upon check-in we do ask that our guests sign an acknowledgement form that yes lists the Michigan State smoking law, however its primary function is to serve as our promise to you that your room hasn’t been smoked in prior to your arrival. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and make every effort to uphold this standard.

In regards to the sofa beds located in our suites, we intentionally don’t make them prior to a guests arrival in an effort to ensure guests satisfaction since the sofa bed’s principal use is that of a sofa and secondly as a bed. As a courtesy we provide clean, fresh linens to be used which given the opportunity, we would gladly make the sofa bed for any guest.

Again, thank you for your insight. I hope that the next time you visit Mount Pleasant, you give us a second opportunity to show you how amazing we really are!
Corpus Christi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night in July. As a member of Marriott Select I expected a little more from this hotel. Room was nice & clean, the young woman desk clerk was very friendly & helpful. Easy access to local restaurants. Food at breakfast was just average, and the eating area didn't seem to have a host or hostess - which seemed unusual for Fairfield Inns. The worst was the coffee - come on folks, get some decent coffee.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I’m happy to have read that you found our rooms nice and clean and our staff friendly and helpful. Please know that we strive to ‘wow’ and thanks to your feedback, we will continue to improve!