“Good, clean Fairfield Inn” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant

You added Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 South University Park Drive, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Bradenton, Florida
“Good, clean Fairfield Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We often stay at Marriott hotels since my husband is a Platinum member due to much travel for business. This Fairfield Inn was average for the chain. The rooms were clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. A pleasant, no frills stay.

Room Tip: The "suites" were a slightly larger room with a pull out couch. Not exactly my definition...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide future guests with this review. I’m happy to have read that you were satisfied with our guest rooms and that our staff was “extremely helpful and friendly.” We strive to wow each and every guest. As a frequent guest of Marriott brand hotels I would also like to say thank you for choosing to stay with us. Additionally, I hope that you’ll return and I’ll get the opportunity to meet you and your husband in person. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a very nice property, centrally located in Mount Pleasant right by nice shopping and Central Michigan University. The staff was wonderful and very attentive to the guest. The rooms were nice and clean and the breakfast bar was great! I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed March 2013
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Leah,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Our team was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location idea. Please let me know when you will be returning, I would love to meet you and welcome you back to Mount Pleasant!
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here two nights for business. It was a decent stay, with comfortable rooms, responsive air and heater, and a very good variety for breakfast. The bed was average, with a moderately firm mattress topper. There were several pillows foe the king size bed, with a variety of firmness.....it seemed to be good planning for all types of preferences. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely return again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Myself and my staff were very happy with what you had to say. We try to make each and every guest stay as enjoyable as possible; I’m pleased to have heard that we seemed to have been successful in this regard.

Thank you once again for your time and we look forward to seeing you back in Mount Pleasant again soon!
Rockford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My family had to stay over in Mt Pleasant for a basketball tournament. The hotel was booked, but surprisingly, it seemed quiet. We were on the first floor and it didn't hear a lot of noise at all. The pool is very small, hardly enough room for the kids to even swim, let alone the adults. The hot tub was nasty (could be because of those using it)...the maintenance staff was scrubbing it down Sunday morning. I am glad I wouldn't let my daughter play in the hot tub and all the "bubbles"...ew. The breakfast was good, though we had to wait 15 minutes for the ONE person to refill everything. Since we were told the hotel was sold out, you would think they would hire an additional staff member for Sunday morning breakfast. But, the breakfast was good, when we were finally able to eat it. The staff was wonderful and friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I’m glad to hear (but not surprised) that our hotel was adequately quiet, we try our very best address any and every issue before it becomes an issue. I do however apologize that you found our pool to be too small (24’ x 16’ 6” and 4’ deep at its deepest). As well, I apologize that you felt the hot tub wasn’t up to your cleanliness standards. If it wasn’t up to your standards, I assure you, it’s not up to ours. We monitor the levels of both the pool and the spa multiple times a day, as well we completely drain and scrub the spa on a regular weekly basis. Please know that I have also addressed the staffing issue that you encountered during breakfast to better serve all the guests. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you’re in town.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here in late August for business with CMU. It is located real close to the football stadium. So close that on busy gamedays, people park there to tailgait. My stay was great.

The beds were nice and the room was averaged sized. Bathrooms were clean and the water pressure in the shower was good. Upon arrival, my sheets were clean and the internet service was great.

The continental breakfast was fine. No eggs, but cereals, coffee, juice, and other simple foods were fine for me. Plenty of free parking as well.

I was disappointed that the pool was not fixed throughout my stay there. It would have been nice to dip in it after a workday. I was also ticked that the cleaning lady did not clean my room, because an iPad was left on my bed and she was not allowed to move it. I thought that was weird. I can understand not making the bed, but nothing else was cleaned. I always left a tip for housekeepers and except for this one.

I didn't let that ruin the stay. I would stay here again if I had to come back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write this review. My staff was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last year (I wouldn’t mind a little August weather right about now)! With a great location close to campus and local business but away from the noise and traffic it’s hard to beat the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Rest assured we maintain a strict ‘guests only’ policy when it comes to our parking lot which restricts potential tailgating (unless they’re guests).

Additionally, we hold ourselves to an extremely high standard, I’m glad that you had the opportunity to witness this first hand. As a guest, you are our number one priority. So with that, cleanliness is essential. We go above and beyond to ensure that everything is perfect for you for the duration of your stay.

As well, I’m very sorry to hear that you were unable to swim in our pool. Our pool is rarely closed, so it’s unfortunate that it just happened to be during your stay. As well, I’m not sure of the circumstances by which your room was not cleaned to your and our standards. I’m sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. We do make it a priority to leave personal items alone; there is no excuse for not cleaning everything else however. I promise you, this is not our policy and it should never happen.

Thank you once again and I greatly look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I travel quite frequently for both business and for pleasure with my family. I generally prefer to stay at Marriott properties and THIS Fairfield is the reason why. With so much time spent on the road, I tend to see trends; decent service, nice staff and clean rooms. However, the Fairfield in Mount Pleasant makes it very apparent that their guests are their main priority. I was blown away, honestly. Here's why: upon check-in I was greeted by a very nice hostess who quickly and efficiently check me in while making it a point to get to know my needs while being in town. She even went as far as to provided me with directions to my business meeting the following morning. Something that I was capable of, but it saved me time and effort. She also informed me of a 'breakfast to-go' option that was ideal (since I was leaving the property before regular breakfast hours). The room itself was modern and very well maintained. The personalized house keeper cards were a nice touch, thank you. As well, I thoroughly enjoyed the HD flat screen TV in my room and thanks to the comfortable bed and luxury pillows, I slept better than I have in months. In fact, I don't think I've slept that well since I moved out of my parents basement after college (mind you, that was some years ago)!!! Finally, the checkout process was as smooth as it could be. Thanks again for everything.

Garrett (General Manager), it was a pleasure shaking your hand and getting to meet you. Whatever you're doing, keep it up. I look forward to booking my next visit. THANK YOU!

Room Tip: This hotel is off the main road, away from traffic and away from noise!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike S., thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to provide us with such a thorough review! The staff here takes pride in everything we do and we always strive to go above and beyond for each and every guest. Please let me know when you’ll be in town next, I’d love to get the opportunity to speak with you again!!
Cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

While on a business trip, I and two other non-guest visitors needed help with two other visitors to produce a document to be signed that day. Desk staff was great with e-mail and a printer. I ahve stayed at this property three different times and the staff was always excellent, but this time was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Vince, thank you so incredibly much for your kind words. I’m so happy to hear that we were able to assist you and your guests. Additionally, it was a pleasure meeting you, please let me know the next time you’re going to be in town, I’d love to get to speak with you again!

Been to Fairfield Inn Mt. Pleasant? Share your experiences!