“Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Good value. Only improvement I would suggest is increasing quantity of food for breakfast depending on number of guests. When it's crowded we ended waiting a bit. Overall good package, would come again with family.

• Stayed February 2013
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I have passed along the information about our food to our breakfast bar team. They will be working even harder to make sure this does not happen again. We are grateful for the suggestion and hope you have a chance to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I travel a fair amount for work and have stayed at several Hampton Inns. I stayed at the one in Mt. Pleasant for 4 nights. It had fairly standard rooms (which is to say mine was just fine). The breakfast was the standard fare: hot dishes (mostly egg dishes and a side), oatmeal, fruit, cereals, make-your-own waffles, etc. The waffles were very tasty, but the eggs were dried out each morning.

The thing that really impressed me was the fact that when we had 11" of snow, the staff did an amazing job of clearing the parking lot. Not only did they plow the main driving areas, but when they were done with that, they used a snow blower to clear a space between and behind each car, so you could easily get around your car to clear it off. By the time I got to my car, there was only a little wall of snow about 3 inches wide and 11 inches deep around my car. It was so nice to have the staff take care of their guests so well.

I would recommend this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us feedback about your stay. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to do that. Your kind words about my maintenance engineer put a big smile on his face. The removal of snow for our guests is not only important to our hotel but to our management company as well. We want our guests to be comfortable, even if the weather is not! I hope you get a change to stay with us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This stay was disappointing. Room ok. Strange smell in hallway. Staff was professional. Pool area not so good, no clean towels deck strewn with dirty ones. Hot tub had no heat and extra foamy, really scary. Usually a nice place whats up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I truly appreciate your feedback about your most recent stay. Thank you for sharing that my staff was professional. I apologize for the pool area not being taken care of properly. We do stand behind our 100% Hampton Guarantee and did invoke this for your nights stay with us. Hopefully this will allow you to stay with us again and see that this is not a normal situation at our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback; it only helps strengthen us as Guest Service Representatives.
South Lyon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I think the staff duty during our stay was one of the better I have experience and I travel about 60-70 nights per year on business and another 25-30 for pleasure all over North America. we enjoyed the breakfast offered and were surprised when we saw how many people (Young Men;s Basketball teams)were staying at the hotel because it had been so quiet in the sleeping area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased that you took time out of your day to let us know about your stay with us. My team was excited to read that you feel this is one of the better hotels that you have stayed at. They work hard to try and make each guest comfortable and happy during their stay. Thank you for sharing how quiet our hotel is. We do try and let everyone enjoy their time here but also do our best to keep the fun to an indoor level. I hope you get a chance to stay with us again!
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We've stayed here a couple times. This hotel is nice and clean as would be expected of a Hampton. It is a few miles from CMU; not close enough to walk to football games. Breakfast is the usual but was a bit crowded. Need more seating and the breakfast staff might need a little more help during peak times to keep things full and in order. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking time to let us know about your most recent stay. Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read that you had a nice stay and that your room was clean. We are making sure that we have more breakfast bar staff on during busy times to take care of our guests. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff was incredibly helpful, expedient, professional, and attentive to all of our needs. I had to print out a summary for a presentation, and they allowed me to print 30 extra copies at no charge. They were sold out that night, and three of us had to stay in one room. I requested a roll-away bed, and they had it at the door within 5 minutes. I'm also a bit of a coffee snob, and they had an AWESOME selection of coffee available in the lobby the next day. I've travelled a lot over the last five years, and this was one of the nicest hotels for the money. I don't know when I'll be back in Mt. Pleasant, but would certainly stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay was. We are grateful for your kind words and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comment about being a "coffee snob" really made me laugh, as I call myself that as well! We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in the near future.
Temperance, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Needed a quick weekend getaway to visit with my daughter who is a student @ CMU. I usually don't enjoy staying in hotels but my room was clean, quiet and did not "smell" like a hotel room. I especially liked the fact that the bed coverings are actually changed and cleaned between guests! Breakfast offered many options beyond the normal continental style. Fitness room had limited equipment but I was able to use it daily without having to wait. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Heather5205, General Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I am grateful that you took the time to let us know how your stay went. We really strive to make this our guests "home away from home" and I am glad to hear that is how your stay was. I will certainly share your comments with our team as it will brighten their day. Thank you again for your comments.

Been to Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant? Share your experiences!