“Good choice for this town” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Valdosta, Georgia
“Good choice for this town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The rooms are ok and clean in this small hotel. There are restaurants across the street and attached to the hotel which is very convenient. The management is putting in the extra effort. The conference facilities were good, the breakfast was better than expected, and the manager hosted his own cocktail hour each afternoon which wasn't much, but you could tell they were trying hard with their budget. Very well run establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy everything that our hotel has to offer and that our accommodations met your needs. We do try to provide our guests with as many "extras" as possible. Our goal is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Clinton Township, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Our room was perfect! A newly renovated, King Suite on the first floor with an outside seating area. The front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. They are in the process of renovating rooms, but we were never disturbed by this. This hotel is attached to a Bennigan's Restaurant which was nice since they closed all of the Bennigan's near our neighborhood. The hotel offered free breakfast in the morning with eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, coffee, tea and juice. The breakfast was good but the breakfast area needs better attention. All in all, we loved our room, and would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Our King Suite on the first floor was renovated, but our friend's on the second floor was not. O...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other people. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent at our hotel. Mt. Pleasant is a great place to relax and get together with friends, and we are here to make your experience and memorable as possible by providing you with clean rooms and friendly service. We look forward to your return!
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

As this was a Comfort Inn, I had my doubts going in as to the quality. They seem to be hit or miss these days. However, from the onset, I knew this place was going to be good. The front desk staff were very courteous and had me checked-in within 3 minutes. The King Room was very spacious and had ample desk space for my laptop and other business-related items. The temperature of the room was easily adjusted and stayed level all through the night. Plenty of pillows and a decently-comfy bed combined with a 42" HD TV and a decent selection of channels made for a good night in. The glass walk-in shower and spacious bathroom with plenty of towels were the icing on the cake. I did not have a chance to try the pool or the continental breakfast. If I ever need to stay in Mt. Pleasant again, this is a great choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing to stay with us on your most recent trip to Mt. Pleasant. I'm glad we were able to make you feel welcome and at home while you were away on business. Our goal is to provide our guests with what they like and need while staying with us and we are able to continue to do so with our guest's feedback. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Comfort Inn was very nice. Clean, updated, very comfortable. The Staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds were well kept : Grassy areas, walking trail, outdoor patio, swimming pool. Very convenient to shopping, restaurants. Pet friendly! Just ask, Alvin the traveling poodle!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for the kind feedback. We are so happy to welcome you, as well as your fury friend to our hotel. You can't leave home without a member of your family! In the summer, it is very relaxing to enjoy yard games on our grounds or social gathering with friends on our courtyard patio. I'm glad you found your trip to Mt. Pleasant rewarding. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Dearborn, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was a maze in there trying to find way around for two days. stayed overnight for a conference. However, it was a very nice King room, plenty of room for 3 with pull out couch. Clean, roomy, quite. Elevator a bit small. Nice evening reception with chicken wings and free beer/wine. Good breakfast with lots of variety and protein choices. The conference facility was very nice and all the food was excellent. Lunch was served and I was impressed as I had been at another conference earlier in the month a hotel in Dearborn that charges three times the price and the food here at Comfort Inn was way better!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
It's great to hear that you were able to join us for a conference, and I appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Our executive chef and culinary team take great pride in the product they serve. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Most of our conference attendees find our manager's reception welcoming and very relaxing after a long day of meetings. Our goal is for you to enjoy the time you spend here whether it is for work or play!
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I wasn't expecting much from the Comfort Inn, but I was very pleased with my quick, one-night stay.

The staff was very friendly, and check in a breeze.

I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the room, and the comfort of the bed. I had an excellent nights sleep, which is the primary yardstick I use for evaluating a hotel stay. The mattress was comfortable, and the variety of pillows perfect.

The room was in decent shape, although the bathroom probably could use a refreshing...although it was clean overall and pleasant.

Definitely a good business stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us on areas that you think we are doing well in and areas in need of improvement. We are currently undergoing renovations to give the 2nd floor of our hotel a new and updated look which will include our bathrooms. Our 1st floor is complete. The next time you stay with us check out one of our newly remodeled rooms! Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend with my family. The hotel itself is very nice, the location is perfect. We did have a few issues over the weekend however. When we checked in we were told that we could not have adjoining rooms as the guests in one of the rooms extended their stay (I work in a hotel and totally understand these things happen) We were just surprised to find out that shortly after we checked in, another member of our group, with the same room type as us, checked into my sisters adjoining room. Not sure why they told us the guests from the night before extended.
Our first morning we had luke warm showers, it seemed to be the trend with the 6 other families we were with also (maybe everyone had their shower at 7am Saturday morning and used all the hot water). When my aunt mentioned the lack of hot water to the front desk she was told that they would turn off the cold water to fix the situation. This seems like a ridiculous thing to say. However the water situation wasn't as bad the following 2 mornings.
I will say one thing though; the friendliness of every staff member I passed in the hall was Outstanding. The breakfast was good each morning, and the attendant seemed to be doing a great job at keeping up with the busy hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. I know how important it is to meet the expectations our guests have of our hotel. From your feedback, I can see we fell short of meeting your expectations. We were experiencing difficulties with our boiler, and I do apologize if our guest service representative did not give you a proper explanation and remedy the situation for you. I will ensure they receive the training needed to properly be able to handle the situation in the future. I also apologize that the adjoining rooms that you had requested were not available. We do our best to accommodate every special request our guests have. It is our goal to be able to say "yes" to anything that is asked of us. I hope you were able to enjoy your trip to Mt. Pleasant and hope to see you return to the Comfort Inn & Suites.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!