“aMAZE-ing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Dearborn, MI
“aMAZE-ing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

It was a maze in there trying to find way around for two days. stayed overnight for a conference. However, it was a very nice King room, plenty of room for 3 with pull out couch. Clean, roomy, quite. Elevator a bit small. Nice evening reception with chicken wings and free beer/wine. Good breakfast with lots of variety and protein choices. The conference facility was very nice and all the food was excellent. Lunch was served and I was impressed as I had been at another conference earlier in the month a hotel in Dearborn that charges three times the price and the food here at Comfort Inn was way better!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
It's great to hear that you were able to join us for a conference, and I appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Our executive chef and culinary team take great pride in the product they serve. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal with us. Most of our conference attendees find our manager's reception welcoming and very relaxing after a long day of meetings. Our goal is for you to enjoy the time you spend here whether it is for work or play!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brighton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I wasn't expecting much from the Comfort Inn, but I was very pleased with my quick, one-night stay.

The staff was very friendly, and check in a breeze.

I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the room, and the comfort of the bed. I had an excellent nights sleep, which is the primary yardstick I use for evaluating a hotel stay. The mattress was comfortable, and the variety of pillows perfect.

The room was in decent shape, although the bathroom probably could use a refreshing...although it was clean overall and pleasant.

Definitely a good business stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate with us on areas that you think we are doing well in and areas in need of improvement. We are currently undergoing renovations to give the 2nd floor of our hotel a new and updated look which will include our bathrooms. Our 1st floor is complete. The next time you stay with us check out one of our newly remodeled rooms! Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend with my family. The hotel itself is very nice, the location is perfect. We did have a few issues over the weekend however. When we checked in we were told that we could not have adjoining rooms as the guests in one of the rooms extended their stay (I work in a hotel and totally understand these things happen) We were just surprised to find out that shortly after we checked in, another member of our group, with the same room type as us, checked into my sisters adjoining room. Not sure why they told us the guests from the night before extended.
Our first morning we had luke warm showers, it seemed to be the trend with the 6 other families we were with also (maybe everyone had their shower at 7am Saturday morning and used all the hot water). When my aunt mentioned the lack of hot water to the front desk she was told that they would turn off the cold water to fix the situation. This seems like a ridiculous thing to say. However the water situation wasn't as bad the following 2 mornings.
I will say one thing though; the friendliness of every staff member I passed in the hall was Outstanding. The breakfast was good each morning, and the attendant seemed to be doing a great job at keeping up with the busy hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. I know how important it is to meet the expectations our guests have of our hotel. From your feedback, I can see we fell short of meeting your expectations. We were experiencing difficulties with our boiler, and I do apologize if our guest service representative did not give you a proper explanation and remedy the situation for you. I will ensure they receive the training needed to properly be able to handle the situation in the future. I also apologize that the adjoining rooms that you had requested were not available. We do our best to accommodate every special request our guests have. It is our goal to be able to say "yes" to anything that is asked of us. I hope you were able to enjoy your trip to Mt. Pleasant and hope to see you return to the Comfort Inn & Suites.
Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Comfort Inn & Suites (Mt. Pleasant) is not a new hotel, yet the recent renovations/refurbishments make it look like-new. Very impressive lobby, which can sometimes lead to a letdown upon opening the door to one's room. However, my trepidation was unwarranted, as the room matched the modern/polished look of the lobby to a 'T'.

The spacious work desk was a plus, as was the big-screen television (lack of HD warrants a minor deduction). Bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was well-appointed and roomy, however, the creaking and moaning of the bathtub/shower stall had me wondering if I was disturbing the guests beneath me. So, another minor deduction for that.

Breakfast was modest, yet pleasing. Cereal, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, donuts, and coffee all hit the spot. Was a bit disappointed to pour an empty carafe of 2% milk, though.

Front desk staff were professional, friendly, and helpful in clearing up a potentially serious booking issue (thanks for not throwing my belongings out on the street guys ;)!

Comfort Inn & Suites (Mt. Pleasant) is a wonderful hotel with a great staff, and I will stay there again if/when I am back in town.

P.S. For those who would rather walk than drive to a good eatery after check-in, Bennigan's is attached to the hotel, and offers a really strong lunch/dinner menu.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your room and the new look of our hotel. Our team strives to provide all of our guests with top of the line customer service, clean comfortable rooms and amenities that make you feel at home. We are here to make your experience a pleasant one. Once again, thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Cheboygan, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The new rooms here were very nice. The service was great from check in to check out. Kids loved the pool. Great beds and nice bedding. When we checked in there was a small problem that was resolved imediatly. The breakfast was good but did not like the eggs. Coffee was very good.

• Stayed December 2013
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is only with a guest’s insight that we are able to improve our product and service. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new rooms, and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Clio, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

After a Day of shopping we were getting tired. Our stay at Comfort Inn was awesome. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and hot. Great location too. The only small problem we had was a bunch of noisy kids above us. So the next time I stay here it will be on the second floor. Overall, a Great place to stay. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your getaway. We pride ourselves on exceeding the expectations of our guests whether it is the comfort of the bed or the service of our staff. Thank you for your feedback, and we look forward to your return!
Jackson, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for a CMU football game. Excellent location and a very friendly staff made the stay very enjoyable. Having Bennigans attatched is also very convenient for pre (and post) game beverages. Our car would not start the day we were leaving and the front desk had an employee jump our car...what a bonus! We will definitely stay here again for future games.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. CMU football season is one of the many events we have in town and one of the most enjoyable. We pride ourselves in helping our guests anyway we can. Whether you need your car jumped or your bags carried, we are here to ensure your enjoy your time with us.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!