“Business Trip” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Detroit, Michigan
“Business Trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

From the minute we arrived there appeared issues. First, they could not locate the payment that my company submitted; however, after some time the staff noticed it was already posted. Second, as I entered into the room I needed to find air fresher. The room smelt like a mix between urine and mildew. Third, I was missing my sheer curtains. Even though I approached housekeeping several times, I never once had sheers in my room. This meant that I had to remain with the dark curtains closed all week to keep my privacy. Forth, it appeared the walls are thin. During the reservation process and upon arrival, it was requested that all company members room next door to one another. So, I ask, why was I listening to the expression of passion from strangers in the joining room, at 3am? Finally, as if I need another reason, the hotel appeared to be remodeling and smelt accordingly (I.e. paint thinner, paint, spray paint, and all fumes meant to trigger a wonderful headache). I really hope this hotel takes suggestions and is willing to implement the change. If I was in a hurry to find a room or all other hotels were booked, I might stay here again. Next time Febreeze in tow. Good luck!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We welcome all feedback and can see we have a few areas for opportunity. I apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations, and I can assure you your experience is not a typical one. I have shared your feedback with the staff at the hotel and have looked for ways to improve. Once again thank you for your feedback, and I do hope you would consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greenville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Arrived in the early afternoon without a reservation. Front desk personnel, Kaitlyn, assigned me a nice king room. Arriving in my room, I changed into swimming trunks and took a refreshing swim in their large heated indoor pool. Arriving back at my room, the heater in my room would not work and after notifying the front desk and assured maintenance would be there promptly to fix it. In a few minutes a knock at the door revealed, not a maintenance man but a manager, Keith Rice, who after telling me the maintenance man was off the property, offered me a very nice upgrade. I had a 2 day stay at this hotel and was very pleased with everything. The morning breakfast was good and satisfying - a good start for the day. I needed a late checkout on my last day and front desk personnel, Jake, accommodated me. Thanks to the staff, I had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms, however, the hotel is in the process of remodeling several rooms an...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It is such a pleasure to hear our staff members were able to accommodate you during your stay. We truly pride ourselves on providing the very best service we can. Thank you for your feedback and we welcome your return!
Jonesville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We came for a convention at this hotel and conference center and mixed business with pleasure. The room was clean, the TV was huge, the decor was new, the price was right. The free wireless internet was uninterrupted for the 3 days and 2 nights we spent here. The free breakfast was basic, but good. The staff was outgoing and professional. The conference area was spacious and well equipped with AV equipment and wireless internet. This is how hotel/conference centers should be run. Everything was comfortable and the pricing was fair. I will choose this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! From reading your feedback, it sounds like you were able to enjoy everything our hotel has to offer including our full service conference center and outstanding staff. They truly work hard to provide our guests with a memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming your return.
Fort Gratiot, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After driving 3 hours to Mt. Pleasant we were pleasantly surprised to find our room to exceed my expectations.....we travel to watch our Son play baseball for GVSU and have had some room "mishaps". This hotel had a shuttle to and from the casino, the staff was very friendly and the cleanliness was outstanding. I totally recommend staying here and look forward to staying again, if we travel to Mt. Pleasant again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that after a long drive you could spend a relaxing night at our property. We are always looking for ways to exceed the expectations of our guests whether it is with our service or amenities. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming your back to Mt. Pleasant.
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great new bathroom design is tasteful with nice lighting; comfortable bed (but no duvet cover?!). Decent breakfast, friendly & accommodating staff. They let us check out a bit late, which was appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask where the construction is happening in order to avoid it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear our newly renovated bathrooms met your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve and are able to do so with the great feedback we receive from our guests. Thank you for choosing the Mt. Pleasant Comfort Inn & Suites!
Fremont, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Although this hotel is under construction and renovation, they are doing their best to minimize guest disruption. Bed was very comfortable and room was well appointed. Staff was very friendly. Price was reasonable. Only reason for not giving a 5 was due to the construction and plastic utensils and Styrofoam plates.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AmandaLC, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We are almost complete with our first floor guest rooms and have recently completed our lobby, breakfast bar, and front desk areas. I am pleased to hear you found our upgrades favorable and our service accommodating. We look forward to your return!
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Homecoming weekend so pretty busy. They let us park and tailgate, gave us keys to our room even though it wasn't check in time. Rollaway was already in the room. Newly renovated and very clean. Breakfast was pretty good, for a hotel. Nothing to complain about. Will be back!

Room Tip: We had a king suite, which has a pull out sofa and still room for a roll away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Homecoming is one of our favorite days of the year. We always look forward to welcoming back CMU’s Alumni. Being located right across the street from Kelly Shorts Stadium makes the experience so much more relaxing. We are just a short minute walk from the stadium! Thank you for your feedback, I am truly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites and Conference Center? Share your experiences!