“Beautiful hotel but employees need instruction in customer service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort

Save Saved
You added Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort to your Saves list
Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort
6800 Soaring Eagle Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858   |
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Mount Pleasant
Michigan
“Beautiful hotel but employees need instruction in customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Nice bath and body works room amenities. Stayed 2 nights for a convention.
First evening there we ate in the steakhouse. Food and service were both good.
Poor customer service in dining room for breakfast. Hostess had no greeting and looked very bored. Not offered coffee after seated. Had to ask 2 waitstaff walking by if we could get coffee after sitting and waiting. Another gentleman at table next to us also didn't get offered coffee and was complaining about service. Waitstaff not friendly. No smiles or greetings. All looked stressed out.
Had dinner at convention. Food was good. After dinner was served we were never offered coffee before dessert was served. Had to ask server if coffee was going to be served. Other tables were getting coffee and all tables had cups and saucers. Waiter then went and got coffee before resuming desert service. My husband was never given his desert. The waiter told him he would come back with it but never did. Called to complain later in the evening and the banquet manager apologized and had 2 desserts sent to our room with an apology. Girl who delivered desert to our room was very nice and cheerful.
Had fun in the casino. Had to go to players club booth both days to get our free play added to our players club card. The 2nd day we were waited on by Trina at the players club booth. She was very unfriendly and had a bad attitude. My husband and I both couldn't believe her attitude to us.
We have stayed here many times and customer service and friendliness were definately lacking this trip. Hotel management has some work to do with their employees to improve this.

Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We found the camp parking and shuttle sevice great. Value for food was more than expected. There are many choices for food. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We even won some money:) Would definitely recommend to any self contained coaches. Families staying at the hotel have an indoor water park.

• Stayed May 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is probably one of the nicest hotels you are going to be able to stay at in this area (that's not saying much). We stayed in a whirlpool suite for three nights. The tub was nice and relaxing. The room and property were very clean. Everything in the room was fine, except the fridge wouldn't get very cold. Sadly, the customer service was lacking; very few employees seemed happy to be there. Only one made an effort to say hello as we walked by. Even the check-in staff was sub-par; only doing what was required to get us in and not offering any extra information on what services/amenities were available to us as guests. I think the biggest problem I had was the fact that it was so dang expensive and you don't get much of anything for the price. I have stayed at hotels for the same rate and gotten a MUCH better experience as far as my impression and that awe-factor. This place is just so-so. When I visit the area in the future, I will not pay the extra cash to stay here and will just stick with a standard mid-grade hotel.

Oh, I want to point out that we are not big gamblers. We only visited the casino floor once for a few minutes. The casino is not why we chose this location. We were in town for graduation at CMU and to visit family.

Room Tip: Our room faced the pond behind the resort. Not impressive by any means but probably the best view y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We've been to the soaring eagle twice now and are booked again for June of this year. We saw two concerts there. We enjoy ourselves from the moment we arrive. All staff are super friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated. The restaurant prices are reasonably priced. If you like to go away and have zero hassles or irritations, this is the place to go. Table games are kept to low minimums and there are always open blackjack tables. A great place for a weekend away!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a jacuzzi room on the last visit and enjoyed it. All rooms are clean and modern.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

If you don't like smoke = don't go. When approximately 50 of us booked a bus for this trip it was with gambling, eating and shopping in mind. The hotel was beautiful and the rooms were clean. The bed was one of the best as far as hotels go. Our only complaint was the smoking in the casino. The club and several of the restaurants are around the casino so you can't escape it. There is a non-smoking area, but one has to go through the smoking area to get to it and when you get there, people smoke at those machines as well. The few gaming tables they had were in the smoking section. They have one (excellent) Italian restaurant near the elevators in the hotel and that was the only place to get away from the smoke, unless you wanted to spend your vacation time in the lobby. The hotel recommended Frankenmouth on the Sunday and when the bus reached the store, we found out that it did not open till noon. So if this is something you are thinking about bear that in mind. If you are driving, it's not a problem - but if you are 50 people on a bus it is a huge problem, as it messes up the schedule. All in all, it's a nice place, but I would not go back because I am basically allergic to smoke.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have stayed here a half dozen times and it has always been a pleasant experience and overall nice hotel. However, the check in experience on 4/5 was the WORST I have ever experienced, even with all the places I have stayed in Vegas. Over 40 minutes in line to check in! Are you kidding me? The folks at the counter were moving as fast as they could but nobody else (Mgt and other employees) seemed to even try to pitch in and help. The room was nice and clean, as usual, but this was not the way to start my stay at the hotel. No apologies. No trying to make it right. I was thinking while in line that the hotel/casino was losing revenue by us standing in line and not spending our $$ gambling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Belleville MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the resort for our 1 year anniversary. The rooms have been remodeled since my last stay in 2007 and they are very nice. The beds are much more comfortable, and I was very pleased with the decor. However, you can tell that our room used to be a smoking room. There was a faint smell of smoke, but it bothered my husband more than me. The molding around the ceiling was also noticeably dirty. Everything else however was nice and clean. I have always loved the pool area, and it was just as beautiful this time. Very clean water, and every so often an attendant was checking in to make sure there were enough towels, and that all the used towels are picked up for the surrounding chairs and tables. I also love having everything right there at my finger tips. It's nice to be able to enjoy the hotel and casino, and have the restaurants right there on site. Also all of the hotel and casino staff were very nice and helpful. We will most definitely be staying there again. We had a fabulous time, and I definitely think it was well worth the price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!