“Pleasant First Visit” 4 of 5 stars

+1 989-775-2337
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: A family owned community focused business with an emphasis on a full service original menu, hand crafted draft beer brewed on site and excellent service.
New York City, New York
“Pleasant First Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Being new to the area, my daughter and I tried Mountain Town Station for an early dinner during a blizzard. We had the restaurant to ourselves, expected, and got excellent service. Fireside seating was very nice as we watched the snow fall outside. I ordered the Prime Wrap - a beef number off the "Boxcar of Beef" section. The wrap was large, the beef tender and the accompanying vegetables firm but not crisp. My daughter had the Brewer's Burger, which unfortunately was overcooked however, the steak fries that came with her meal were excellent. We considered having the Monday special - Create Your Own Pasta, and may return to try it. The food was good, but not outstanding, and didn't seem overpriced. The atmosphere is pleasant, but not over-the-top. Probably worth a second visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hi, Kay!

Thanks for giving us a shot! Our fireplace tables are some of the best in the house (in Summer, I'd say our patio is quite nice, as well). The fireplace has been a great place this winter, with the weather being so horrendous. I'm glad you braved the blizzard and came in :)

We do aim for our burgers to be medium well - I have to apologize that your daughter's meal was overcooked - if you come back in and notice anything else that is not satisfactory, please let us know immediately. We do not want anyone to leave unsatisfied.

Thanks for coming in and leaving a review. We hope to see you again!

White Lake, Michigan
“Railyard Raspberry Wheat is very good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I am a fan of fruity beers and the Railyard Raspberry Wheat is very good! The deck outside is very relaxing and pretty during the summer. When I went to CMU I often went here with family to celebrate special events.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jim H, Manager at Mountain Town Station, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Thank you for the kind words, Cindy!

We like to think our patio and hand crafted micro-brews are part of what make us unique and help us stand out among the fine locally owned restaurants around Mount Pleasant. Being outside with the view of the park and river on a nice summer day is a joy that our staff indulges in, as well, after the day is done. I'm glad to see our guests find it relaxing, too!

We hope to see you again! Good luck in everything you do!
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“RR Station Restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mountain Town is a nice looking restaurant which is surrounded by the river and the park. Inside is very crowded. I like the wine you can purchase in the store. The food is okay but a bit expensive. I miss the train tours you could catch at the station. I wish the food was healthier and the seats were more comfortable. The service needs a lot of work.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“A local standard with a good basic menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

In a town of few good restaurants, we find ourselves returning to Mountain Town a lot. Try to take advantage of the various specials throughout the week, such as Pint Night. Food is average and generally consistent. Prices are getting a bit high for the food and ambience, though. May have to look for a replacement. Good, general restaurant. Some decent microbrews....Some really bad microbrews. Give this place a C+.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great Ribs, Good Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I never went here when I was a student, but we've eaten here the last couple times our family visited. Both times the food has been top notch. They might have the best ribs I've eaten. My wife and i shared a full rack and an order of brisket.mthe sweet potatoes were excellent and we had more food than we could eat. We gave some to our friends. Like most breweries, the beer is hit and miss. And last time it was o.k., but this time I had a winter seasonal that I enjoyed very much.

Visited December 2013